• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Another herpes outbreak and scared. How long to wait to have sex again?

• 8 months later...

Well we just finished the Herpes Opportunity weekend which I know took a LOT of Adrials energy ... and the Home Study course is nearly completed. Once that is done we will be putting our heads together to see what the next step is.

I started a blog to try to create another avenue for information to get out to people, and I started a Facebook group as well. We tell people they can print out the handouts and get them to their local Doctors and clinics and/or give them to friends.

Any time you can educate someone (and you don't have to be "out" to do it ... you can just say you started dating and figured you needed to get yourself educated and you are horrified by what you learned) ... any time you have dating/sex conversations with friends.

I'm completely "out" and it has opened me to a lot of conversations that wouldn't have happened otherwise, and I have friends who now contact me when they have a STD question. To my knowledge I have not lost any friends (as far as I am concerned, if I did, they were not friends anyway) since I came out.

IMO if those with Herpes actually let go fo the stigma THEMSELVES, the people around them (at least the ones who deserve to be close to them) would quickly see that H is NOT as bad as all that. I've had herpes for 35 years (48 if you include my Oral HSV1 that I got in childhood) and it has NOT been debilitating NOR expensive for me BTW .... if you approach it like that you just feed the stigma. My experience of it is yes, at first, it was not a lot of fun .... but over the whole timeline of my life, it's just been a temporary nuisance here and there once I learned how to manage it. I've been married, had 2 beautiful daughters, traveled, divorced, had 2 relationships and a number of men who just didn't work out (not because of H) and H has not stopped me from having a beautiful life.

I know you were betrayed ... so was I. I got it with my first sexual experience ... but I refuse to let this little virus stop me from living and doing what I want. It's just a nuisance skin condition in a really inconvenient place. That's all. Really. ;)

(((HUGS)))

Many many people have it worse than I do, no doubt @WCSDancer2010 . There is no shame in carrying the HSV2 virus. There is shame in not disclosing risks to a partner who loves and trusts you. And if you're really a sociopath, you'll engage in anal sex with this partner despite active blister on your penis, thus increasing exponentially her chances of contracting the disease. Such an act should be criminal in my view.

How many women has he infected already? How many more college girls will he infect at the university where he works, or "Candyland" as he calls it? Yes I still have resentment, not forgiveness or peace.

Such an act should be criminal in my view.

It IS criminal in many states .... the problem is what you have to go through to prove that they knowingly gave you an STD. Unless you have something in writing, plus proof of your STD status before you slept with him, etc, you are going to be made to PROVE beyond a shadow of a doubt that he gave it to you.... and that process can be far more harmful to your emotional psyche than the virus itself :(

IF you feel that strongly, get him to admit what he is doing in writing .... then you can either take him to court or at the very least show it to the Admin at the college. Whatever feels right for you .... but without taking him to court, there's likely little you can do to stop him even if you can get him out of "Candyland". :(

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...