• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Constant herpes prodrome symptoms, no outbreak - herpes neuropathy?

On 12/29/2021 at 11:09 AM, Sonia said:

I’ve been infected for 10+ years, with constant prodromal symptoms and full outbreaks every month in winter and every second months when it’s summer autumn. 
Apart of what has been mentioned above I often have a need for frequent urination (which often was quite a misleading sign, as it is more common for infections). Also sometimes I have Candida albicans, probably because herpes decreases the immunity in vagina.

i am planing to have a treatment with immunomodulators and interferons too to check whether it will help to decrease the outbreaks and prodromal time.

i bielive spine problems (sacralization of L5, scoliosis in L-S segments and etc) can be one of the reasons why people have the outbreaks more often: pressure on tissues/nerves—>local inflammation—>positive environment for constant viral replication.

NB! Came across an article which states that herpevirus never “sleeps”, it constantly replicates, but quite a small amount of visions. 

KR,

Sonia

Hi @Sonia Do you have a link to that article? I'd be interested in reading that.

@Sonia I too remember reading article about HSV always being active. I believe this is true. But that doesn't mean you are always infectious. It is proven that you need to have certain amount of viral particles for infection to occur. But maybe herpes being always active means that people can always have some kind of symptoms like neuralgia.

On 12/29/2021 at 11:09 AM, Sonia said:

I’ve been infected for 10+ years, with constant prodromal symptoms and full outbreaks every month in winter and every second months when it’s summer autumn. 
Apart of what has been mentioned above I often have a need for frequent urination (which often was quite a misleading sign, as it is more common for infections). Also sometimes I have Candida albicans, probably because herpes decreases the immunity in vagina.

i am planing to have a treatment with immunomodulators and interferons too to check whether it will help to decrease the outbreaks and prodromal time.

i bielive spine problems (sacralization of L5, scoliosis in L-S segments and etc) can be one of the reasons why people have the outbreaks more often: pressure on tissues/nerves—>local inflammation—>positive environment for constant viral replication.

NB! Came across an article which states that herpevirus never “sleeps”, it constantly replicates, but quite a small amount of visions. 

KR,

Sonia

@Sonia That is an interesting idea. I've had low back issues for about 15 years now. I think I was initially given HSV-2 about 5 years ago because I had very much the same symptoms as what I felt last fall and my Igg values were very high at around 19, which apparently indicates that I've had it for awhile. The only difference is that this time, I'm still having the prodromal groin pinching and burning inner thighs, whereas last time it stopped after about 8 weeks. It's not completely constant, but it never really goes away and it has been about 10 months now. I'm trying switching from Valacyclovir to Acyclovir since it didn't seem to be working. It seems like it could be helping a little bit, it's been a week now, but who knows. Every time I feel it's going away, within a few days it gets worse again. I guess I can be thankful there are no visible symptoms, but it still is not my favorite.