• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Ladies: Thongs, shaving and herpes

Well there's a post a lite further down where this lady was asking about her bubble bath. In it adrial was like soap kills the virus on contact. so based on that i think you're just being paranoid and its nothing to worry about however I'm not 100 percent sure on that. from what I've been reading the most likely way of contracting this is through friction of the skin. I'm still confused about it myself.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gee how do I begin this...okay I still haven't shaved because I think I'm close to another O.B so I'm going to wait a little bit longer to shave. okay I have to share this....so I tried the boy cut women's undies and they rode up in the sides of the legs and didn't like that whole crotch pulling issue. yes I miss the victoria secret pretty panties like everyone else does but I found out that men's boxers not the plaid ones but the all cotton knit long leg ones that look like bike short really give nice movement and doesn't pull on the crotch and also room to breath. I AM NOT A CROSS DRESSER lol but OMG! they are comfy. the plaid ones are nice to lounge around in when having an o.b.

just thought I would share and make someone laugh.

OMG... NexisLexis, thanks for being SO real! I survived my most recent o/b symptoms with exactly the mens boxers you mention! And, like you, I am no cross dresser! LOL! The o/b symptoms were mild, but more sore this time than before, and I'm now looking for those boxers in white so that I can bleach them when I wash them. Sab123, I really LOVE my best fitting jeans, but wasn't able to wear them last week at ALL! I was too sore!

I'm getting to know someone right now who is also H+ and he mentioned these briefs he wears sometimes that he LOVES because they have an extra sort of "pocket" in the crotch area. It allows more room for movement in that area w/out having to deal with the leg openings or waist being too loose! Ladies, don't laugh, but if I have more o/b symptoms, I'm getting some!!!

It's been 2 weeks and my outbreak hasn't healed :( I want to shave but I know better than to try yet. scared that it'll make me break out again too. if my first (and current) outbreak was on the mild side do you think shaving could spread it/make it worse? It sucks there's not much conclusive answers in dealing with this stuff

I have chosen so far not to shave until my blisters healed completely. I was way too sore this last time. Once my blisters broke out, I couldn't handle even the thought of shaving! I just wanted to keep the area clean and dry! As far as shaving causing outbreaks, I honestly don't know, but there are a couple of people who say they shave w/out problems ... See what defeatedbuttrying posted earlier. i'm so hard core about shaving, I'm one of the stubborn ones that would have to learn the hard way for myself before I'd stop...perhaps unfortunately for me!

peachyogurtisawesome said above that she thought it spread from shaving, so I don't know. Like you, I too wish some of the answers were more conclusive...believe me, I am living the reality of things being inconclusive right now! Maybe you could wait til you heal completely, then take precautions and give it a try?

I know EXACTLY what you mean! I actually gave my Dr this web address, and told her if she cared about her patients, she'd at least consider checking it out and passing it on! She said she'd check it out, but who knows, honestly?

cc123, I hope you can at least feel a sense of peace tonight that the voice in your head telling you you're alone and in the dark is completely WRONG! I hate the blender I'm in most days, and would almost give my right arm (so to speak) to not be dealing with o/b symptoms, inconclusive tests, abstinence, and NOT SHAVING! But like you, I say "thank GOD" for this forum! I think I just might have gone crazy if it weren't having all these people on here sharing so openly and being SO real!

Even though it's only been a week I find myself coming on to check the forum just as naturally as I check twitter and Instagram (which is OFTEN and usually without even thinking about it). It's become a kind of lifeline. I do feel a little peace @aerial2013, so thank you. But still struggling with the fear that I'll never feel completely at peace. Right now I'd settle for the crushing weight on my chest to be gone and the feeling of wanting to burst into tears every 5 seconds. I'm officially a 25 year old crybaby

Hey, you're in the right place, I'm officially a 43 yr old cry baby!!!!! LOL!!!! Cry away sister! Hell, when I feel a good cry coming on, I put on the sappiest f*^%"#g music I can find, take a hot shower and let the tears FLY!!!! I look like shit the next day (swollen eyes), but my chest at least feels better!

"But still struggling with the fear that I'll never feel completely at peace" ~ cc123

Some of the lyrics to one of my favorite songs:

"Fear will take the best of us

Then come back for the rest of us

Its raging hunger never satisfied

It’s closer than a brother

And more jealous than a lover

Who holds you while it swallows you alive"

For me, I thought my fear of somehow being flawed, unloveable, never finding genuine love was a fear that came with my first o/b symptoms...what a revelation I've had lately to see that fear as a thread that has run through my whole existence! My first o/b symptoms just made me look at it!

@cc123 I broke down in the tub the other night. I'm 23. And a crybaby! It's okay! I cry too and feel your pain. This is my life line too. I check it like constantly. We are going to get through this. We are. The outbreak WILL heal. I know when I broke out I kept asking my friend if it was going to go away, because for some reason I just had this feeling like the bumps were going to be there forever. Like this horrible fear that they wouldn't go away. BUT THEY DID! You will feel better when they do. I did. Hang in there and hugs to you!

on shaving....for me I shaved the night before because the itching was so bad because I thought the hair was growing back...well it wasnt hair growing it was ulcers that had not broke open.. I went to the E.R the next day and thought it was horrible razor rash (the sores were open) or something and told them what I did and asked if shaving caused it to spread they said quite possibly.

I guess it depends on your body.

mine followed my shaving patterned all the way to my perineum. (taint)

I suppose if all the sores were open....you could possibly spread them...I can only speak for myself.

Oh Nexis, that sounds aweful! But it makes complete sense, esp if the itching and bumps mimic razor burn. I didn't shave during any of my o/b symptoms so far because I didn't have intense itching and was able to recognize that something was really up. Like I said earlier, OMG I hope I do NOT have to give up shaving for weeks at a time!

In 22 months I just had one OB. I shave and it doesn't cause me to have an OB. I was diagnosed with H Three years ago. I do feel its different with every woman how our immune system is working. Research how to keep your immune system high and specially after your menstrual cycle, cause certain hormones can cause an OB. Hope this helped.

Thanks for chiming in Vita! And I'm with you... I've had this FOREVER and I don't even think about it when I shave any more ... and I agree that hormones seem to aggravate it. Anyhow, I saw your earlier post about your BF ... wondering how things worked out with him?

And I have to laugh at you gals talking about "cross-dressing" - usually when women wear guys clothes it's accepted..... it's usually the other way around if a guy used our clothes for ANY reason. I used to wear a LOT of sweatpants/loose shorts while I was having regular outbreaks. Nowadays I can wear pretty much whatever I want. If you want to wear guys underwear then do it... at least at times that you don't have to worry about who may see them. It might be a little hard to explain to a guy tho so the women's boy shorts can be a good compromise. Luckily there are so many styles and kinds of undies nowadays that you should be able to find what works for you.... if you can, get cotton though ... it will breathe better and help reduce OB's... :)

I think it's hysterical that this thread is still going too... of all subjects;;;;LOL

I was terrified to shave for weeks after my first outbreak, and when I finally did again I felt like a recovered a small peice of my self and my sanity! I shave all the time now, it doesn't trigger outbreaks at all for me. Of course I avoid it at all costs if I'm having an outreak lol. I wear things all the time too, again not a trigger. I even wear them when I have an on during the day but at night I like to sleep in mens boxers because its almost like not wearing any underwear and sooo comfy :) good luck loves, don't let herpes ruin your normal ruitines! It's hard at first but it all becomes your new normal. Love and namaste <3

I'm glad i I have read through this post. Although my diagnosis is still new to me and denial is where iI am at to some degree. In part becasubecause one doctor ( my ob) says i have it and another doctor ( my an) says I don't. My ob says I'm having an outbreak that seems to be going on now for 2 months.I'm stilll indisagreement with him on the outbreak because of my symptoms. They don't behave like herpes. I have PCOS and severe hhypoglycemi, plus iI had unterine ablation in February from adenmysosis. I have always been prone to utis and yeast infections. I shave all the time. i have not been experiencing any tingling, burning, or itching etc. Just some swelling, redness, irritation, the small tiny "bumps" that appear and disappear daily since this started over months ago, don't hurt, no blistering, cracking scaping etc. so its confusing. Those who had read and know my story know iI had been exposed to to herpes by my ex. I just can't make sense of out it. Your thoughts please

Baffled: Have you had the blood test to check for antibodies? It's pretty accurate once you have had HSV for about 4+ months..... or did they try to swab the sores?

There are 2 kinds of blood tests - the PCR test looks for the DNA of the virus - there is another that looks for the Antibodies for herpes. From everything I hear, the PCR test is the way to go....

If you have not had these tests then you probably should as they will likely want proof for your court case. Also, I'd get tested for everything else (most STD tests only include Syphilis, Gonorrhea, HIV ... so you will have to ask for/demand Chlamydia. HPV, and Hep C as well as Herpes.