• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Successful herpes disclosure- THANKS TO THIS SITE!!!!!!

First of all- I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to Adriel and everyone on this site. I have become extremely educated on my condition in the past month or so-even tho I have had it for almost 30 years.

After my disastrous disclosure 5 weeks ago-(which included my delivery) and that guy waffling back and forth and not truly being able to accept me-I have made my 2nd disclosure in 12 years…and this time it was a POSITIVE experience-again thanks to the guidance and info on this wonderful site. But this time I told him like it was no big deal-cuz after all-it really isn’t a big deal in my life anymore. Back from a really fun evening out with friends-I decided to get it out of the way sooner rather than later-(3rd date) we were on the couch kissing-and even tho I knew I wasn’t ready to go any further-I wanted to disclose NOW!! So I told him that I have this “annoying skin condition” that I’ve had for 28 years – and once in awhile it flares up. I said “you know how people get cold sores on the lips? Well I get them down below too-haven’t had one in nearly 5 years-but you still need to know-it’s herpes” and he looked at me and said “OK what do I need to know and what do I need to do?” So I casually rattled off the statistics which I had memorized by now! And he commented that he had a few friends that have it-but that he’s never dated anyone with it….then he said “Can I kiss you again now?” 100% OPPOSITE reaction than from the 1st guy –who made me feel like I had cooties-and even referred to it as Leprosy!!! “Don’t feel like you have Leprosy” in one conversation- UMM I DON’T but it’s obvious that YOU DO!!!!

We went out again the next day-and we have a date tonight. I was so PETRIFIED at first of the thought of disclosing again – but with the support and guidance I found on this site- I am overjoyed to say that it went well-and the next time (should there be one!!) will be even easier.

Much Love

Terri

You rock! I'm so proud of you for knowing your stuff, owning your okayness and livability and courageously being vulnerable from the heart. Good effing job. :) Now enjoy all that awesomeness that comes with getting to explore a new relationship. I'm excited for you ... and for him. ;) Thanks for checking back in! Soooo good to hear from you again and big hugs to you!

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: