• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Disclosed herpes again ...... not a bad experience

So I have had to disclose once before and that went well, although the relationship didn't. I still felt sort of guilty for not making the relationship work knowing I could have given someone a virus that they have forever. But hey, that's no reason to stick with someone right? So for the past month or so I have been dating this guy. He seems really nice, he has stayed over a few times but nothing has happened just lots of chatting and kissing which is nice. The other night we were a bit drunk and then I just came out with it. I didn't get as upset as I did the first time I just said it how it was and he was alright with it. He didn't run out of the door at least :-) The next day I thought maybe he was just being polite and I wouldn't hear from him again. Which I was fine with because he is a bit younger than me so figured he didn't want to ruin his youth with someone like me and end up with a virus too. But I have seen him quite a few times since and I am just going to keep seeing him I think and see where it goes. At least he has had time to think about it and still wants to see me which is nice. Who knows it might not go anywhere but at least it won't be because of a virus :-)

• 2 months later...

Just thought I would add an update. Things are still going great with this guy. I did have one 'episode' after we got together so the discussion of H came up again but he didn't let a virus stop him from seeing the person I am inside :-) Very happy indeed!!