• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Driving myself insane

@jb1691

Relax & Breathe... I know exactly how you are feeling right now and your mind will play tricks on you if you start over thinking the situation. Look at it this way... There is absolutely nothing you can do over the next two days to change the outcome, so just try to relax and think "what will be will be" Everything happens for a reason & if you happen to test positive than we will all be here to support you. Did you have blood work done? Or are you experiencing an outbreak?

I've had herpes since my late teens and it wasn't a "big deal" back then so I never went through this but I do remember all too well when we would find a tick on my dog as a kid and I would be convinced I had ticks crawling everywhere on me...the mind can really play tricks on you.

Look - if you have it, you have it...if you don't you don't. Worrying about it won't change it, and until you get your test results, I'd just keep busy and try to keep your mind off of it. If you are positive, well, you've been on here awhile. You can see that life goes on, and that while there is an adjustment to it, we will be here for you if you need us.

How's things with your partner?

Thank you guys! I had the blood work taken again 3 months later and still waiting to see the result. I haven't had an ob. My partner is doing okay. We don't really talk as much anymore which sucks because I told her that we were in this together, and she decided to just walk away. I'm just praying these results come back negative. Guess I will have to wait and see.