• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Back pain because of herpes?

Get everyone sorry I haven't posted in a while but u have been reading almost everyday everything has been pretty good thank god I still have not had another ob since my 1st I. Oct hopefully u don't for a while praying I don't fingers crossed but today I have been having very bad back pain but on my upper back my shoulders and my neck could this be because of h or could I have just slept wrong or something I'm sorry I'm just paranoid and I'm always so scared the littlest thing is a sign I have been very stressed lately and kind of depressed crying a lot but I don't feel any symptoms around the area so I'm a little scared and confused it sucks cuz before a minor back ach would have never worried me :( ps for anyone who doesn't know my story I have genital hsv1

The only link between H and your back pain is the stress you are putting yourself under (which transfers to muscle pain and tension). This *could* be your body telling you it's time to let it go...that you are "carrying" it too much and need to put it down. (I see this kind of thing a lot in my Massage office).

H will teach you, one way or another, to listen to your body. Guess it may have realized it has to yell to get your attention .... ;)

Peace :)

Not necessarily... as I said, the ONLY link between your back and Herpes is that you may be stressed and the stress is causing one or both things.

Relieving stress? Many different ways - it takes time to learn to let go of the things that stress you out - esp the things you can't change. One of the biggest things I learned is to let go of "attachment" - which can be many things - attachment to how someone "should" be, or attachment to the answer you want from someone when you make a request. Or how the weather "should" be. Etc. Basically if you are saying something "should" be a certain way, you are attached to that outcome. When I mastered this (or at least, got it mostly under control) my life got a LOT better :)

http://zenhabits.net/zen-attachment/

Other ways to relieve stress - exercise, good diet habits (relieves physical stress on your organs which helps with the immune system), getting out with friends, a good long hot bath, etc. Taking care of YOURSELF (so many people take care of everyone else and then resent that they never have time for themselves - learning the word NO is a good thing!) is HUGE!