• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

coming out of the closet?!

Never thought i'd say that! and its not the closet i always thought of when i heard others say it, but a closet none-the-less! And even now just added a face to my name its the errie, nervous feeling. silly, right?! lol

The only person i have told about my new friend is the person i was dating at the time i got my test results and although he had nothing but positive things to say to me, I still feel as though i have to "hide" it. I have come to terms with it for the most part but i still can't ever see me having a conversation (with anyone, not just a potential sex partner) and saying "hi, how are you?! Im well thanks! I have herpes. Have a good day!" But a part of me just wants to own it and move on with my life. So i have decided to peak out of the crack of the closet door and add a photo on here. Where i feel safe and non-judged just for starters. Maybe it'll kick start me into growing a pair to be able to tell others in my life what i've experienced and learned on this journey i've been on so far. Where i can love MYSELF shamelessly!!! and even though this is such a tiny little step on my way to fully accepting myself I sorta feel like Mel Gibson in "Braveheart" Face painted blue yelling "H will never take our freedom" haha horrible joke!

ps. You guys are all super amazing :) This forum is totally awesome!

"You are confined only by the walls you build around yourself. "

"On the other side of fear is freedom. " <3

JustSmile,

I have been feeling the exact same way about this H friend. I want to just accept it and move on, but as much as i pretend im okay and as much as i say "its not that big of a deal" i cant wrap my head around how someone is going to accept me with this. I dont understand how i will tell someone about having this if my current bf decides to leave. I want to be able to wake up and not feel like something is wrong with me. All of this coming out of the closet is making me want to face my fear, and just put a picture of myself too.. maybe with time.. baaah! what am i so afraid of?! lol Maybe once we all start standing together, strong, and with our heads held high people will start seeing this virus for what it really is!

THANK YOU!! & great pic!

Welcome into the light! Feels good, doesn't it? It's a little awkward at first, but it grows on you. It's like swimming. You can dabble your toes in the water, or just dive in. The water might seem cold at first, but it warms up quickly.

Everyone else, be careful. If she changes her photo to one that involves blue make-up, kilts, and swords she just might convince us all to storm Big Pharma with her demanding a vaccine. Further, if that photo involves her lifting that kilt of hers to show off the pair she's grown, just do what she says and don't ask any questions as you pick up your sword to follow her.

I sorta feel like Mel Gibson in "Braveheart" Face painted blue yelling "H will never take our freedom" haha horrible joke!

Not horrible at all! In fact, I think it would be a fun thing to do at Adrials next Weekend Workshop!!! LOL Big-assed blue H on each of our faces as we tear through some little sleepy town, declaring "You can invade us but you will never own us!!!!!"

This is one of the best places you will find to start to step out of the closet. I don't know if you read my post about coming out of the closet... but lets just say I did everything short of that blue-H-painted face. And you know what, it's really ok out here. You can read about my adventure here:

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-forum/discussion/1754/im-out-of-the-herpes-closet/p1

Whether you put a toe out or throw the door open and come screaming out... every step will help you to lighten not only YOUR load...but the load of many others who will follow in your footsteps.

*MY* future's so bright out here, I gotta wear shades B-)

@klopz. You were the first person I talked to on here and whenever your ready to put a pic or tell a friend in your life..lmk. we can stand tall together ... unashamed and strong. Xo

@herry if I find "my pair" under a kilt.. I have bigger fish to fry. Lol but yes its a bitter sweet feeling. Its liberating for sure but I can't help letting that stigma get in my brain. "Picture on the internet lasts forever" however; I suppose forever is a word I need to learn to love ;)

@wcsdancer- haha that poor sleepy little town. Throw in a little wine and ill paint my face & walk witcha! As for your coming out story.. BRAVO! I am not that brave yet. Tho I hope to be able to say" I have herpes, I'm not contagious, but if you don't like me F you!" Maybe someday! ;)

@victoria. Thank you so much! ♡