• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How do I relieve the herpes itch while out and about?

So I'm in my school's nursing program, overwhelmed, not getting much rest, and am finding my herpes prodrome itching now more than ever. The only way I can relieve this itch is by washing down there. However I start clinicals in a couple of weeks and I spend lots of time at school. How do I relieve the itch in those kinds of settings? Obviously can't wash. Wiping with hypoallergenic baby wipes don't help either. I really don't wanna up my meds too. On top of that, I have a chronic cough and sore throat for over two weeks now. :/

Tried oragel, anbesol, no dice for me.

Aloe and zinc cream (diaper rash ointment) helped with the itch/pain considerably. Lidocaine would have been a Godsend, that's for sure.

Still waiting to hear from someone who's had the guts to try the nail polish remover suggestion from a few weeks ago...

The article says "Genital herpes-related lesions, which are similar to cold sores and form due to a similar viral infection, should not be treated this way. This especially important when sores occur on the genitals themselves."

I think in this case the advice should be listened to. Lol :D