• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

For all you men reading this ... It's time.

Hey awesome, heartfelt community!

So as everyone knows, the man-to-woman ratio on these forums is quite low.

There are a few reasons for that as far as I can see it. One is that 2.5x more women have herpes than men.

Another is that men in our culture are taught that reaching out for help is considered "weak" or that you're a "pussy." Women are more supported in seeking help while men tend to go at it alone. My heart hurts considering how many men are going unsupported.

It's time to end the bullshit that men should hole up in our "man caves." No more having to "man up." Having feelings and showing them in healthy ways is where all of us — men and women both — can re-connect to ourselves, to our power, to our inspiration, to our hearts, to our sexuality ... to everything.

For the past few weeks, I've been doing laser coaching sessions with participants in the home study course that launched today. One of those people was a young man. He was moved to tears considering how little support it feels that he has. No one to turn to when he feels low. He said he has plenty of guys he parties with, but no guys he feels he can really be himself with. No one he would really call a Brother. I remember what that was like myself. Feeling totally alone in my feelings. Especially when I was first diagnosed with herpes. And it still happens that I feel that way occasionally. Alone ...

So what's different now? I feel so deeply held in all my relationships. All of them. If I needed it, any one of my friends would hold me as I wept on their shoulder. Male and female friends both. I feel totally supported. Totally nourished. Totally accepted. I want that for all of you. For everyone, yes, and especially for all of you men out there who are reading this right now. It's a beautiful thing to be able to be raw with people who I know love me for me. It's been the biggest healing experience I've ever had. Because if I'm allowed to be authentically me in my low times, I can shine that much brighter in my high times. I can be free to be that much more me ... that much more alive.

A friend sent me a link to this movie trailer, "The Mask You Live In."

http://therepresentationproject.org/mask

I can't wait to watch it when it comes out this year. It speaks to this unfortunate cultural paradigm we've been entrenched in for too long. It's time for men to come out from behind our masks and courageously be ourselves. (And by the way, men, I know that's what women want, too.) When men can be open about their hopes and fears, their sadness and vulnerability, we have access to the entire buffet of aliveness that's available to us. And having that kind of emotional access is not only healthy as a human being, but women are able to trust us more, too. Vulnerability is being ourselves. And vulnerability is sexy.

So to all you men out there who are reading this, know that you aren't alone. Know that to reach out and ask for support is STRENGTH and COURAGE in action. This is the new definition of the Warrior.

A big hug to all you Warriors out there. No more doing this alone. There are too many people waiting to support you. Who would be honored to support you. Your time has come to be you.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: