• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

The Herpes Talk - Success!

Hi there. Thank you Dale for keeping in touch with me and encouraging me to share my story.

I had a blind date on June 8th of this year. A mutual friend set it up. We had a great time and 2 days later he called to chat and see what I was doing. It was a Sunday and the weather was perfect for the beach. He came along. Great date number 2. After a few more opportunities to spend some time together, I knew that we were both on the same page and wanted to continue dating.

At this point I'm consumed with thoughts of the talk. I wanted to have the talk before either of us became too emotionally attached. My girlfriend said I needed to wait 3 months. 3 months!, I said. We're adults, there's no way I could wait 3 months. I waited 5 days.

He cried. Thanked me for my honesty and told me how much he respected me for having the courage to tell him. And then.....you are not going to believe this......he confided that he too has The H.

It is now September 8th and we are very much in love and planning our future together.

Thank you Dale and (h)life for everything.

We couldn't be happier.

Hey Cinder! I'm so glad you posted this. Always great to hear success stories. So many people focus on what they DON'T want to happen and the negative possibilities, that it's always a great balance to hear stories like this (especially the welcome surprise that he has it too!). Proof that awesomeness awaits if we allow it to ... ;) I wish you two the very best. And hey, I'd love to be invited to the wedding. Maybe you can skype me in. :)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: