• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Symptoms of our herpes friend

Hey y'all. I was diagnosed a week ago and realized that a lot of the weird feelings I was having for about a month like vaginal itching, burning, and tenderness in my thighs and buttocks were from hsv-2.

I still get all of these things, but on too of that I feel sick--like I have a cold. I've been taking all my vitamins, drinking tons of water and tea, eating better, but I have a sore throat that won't go away, and I feel a bit groggy. Are these symptom/Prodromes too? I have found about two little bumps down there but nothing happens but itching and slight pain. I'm not sure what's going on or what to expect. I know WCS said not be scared but I can't help it!! Lol any tips or info for me?

<3 thank you

The flu symptoms generally don't last too long. My primary was a son of a gun and I've never felt that sick or exhausted. I also had a wicked sore throat for almost a month. Could be HSV related. Could just be the season. Don't stress.

Tip 1: Ice cream. Rocky Road is always a safe bet as is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

Tip 2: Candles.

Tip 3: Warm Bath.

Tip 4: Relax

I never got the cold symptoms with HSV2 but as a child I had HSV1 oral and it would knock me on my ass 2x a year with fever and an OB. That all stopped when I hit puberty. Weird. But that is Herpes... it really does seem sensitive to your body chemistry which is affected by hormones, diet, and stress.

My ex hubby got the cold/flu symptoms for a few years ... over time they tapered off and now he barely notices the OB's.