• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I can't explain how I'm feeling

Right now, I don't feel down, but I don't feel up. Tonight is the first time I've felt like this since being diagnosed. The feeling is weird... I think my mind has gotten tired of exerting the energy to beat myself up and this morning was the first time I officially decided I'd allow this condition to grow me into a better person. At the moment, I'm thinking about the usual: How I got here and how I could have avoided this... Usually I'll be down and crying but instead, I feel numb. I wonder what this feeling means.

It's sorta like when you "cry yourself dry" after a break-up... it's all about the 5 stages of Grief.

When someone gets Herpes they usually go through the stages of grief because, to them, their life (at least as they PERCEIVED it) is over. The 5 stages are: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and finally...acceptance.

You, my friend, are entering the Acceptance stage. Welcome to the other side :)