• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just got Cold Sore Herpes: Is This A Big Deal?

Hello All,

I just got the Cold Sore Virus from sharing a drink with my friend who didn't know it was contagious. I assumed that she would tell me if she had a cold sore and she didn't, so I thought it was a zit or something. I woke up the next morning, and I had one! It looks exactly like her cold sore, and its in around the same place. Its so embarrassing! I'm a freshman in highschool, and I don't want to show my face to anyone at school. I'm afraid that people will make fun of me for having herpes, or think I sleep around. People can be mean. I just learned more about it, and now I've found out that I will have to deal with this for the rest of my entire life. I can predict this popping up right before dates, job interviews, and other awful and embarrassing times. I also found out that 80% of the population has this kind of herpes. So now I'm wondering, is this a big deal? I have literally NEVER seen a cold sore on another person that I can remember, except for the friend that gave it to me. I know all these different remedies for it, but I can't stop feeling bad about it. I just keep thinking about how I have herpes now, and I will have it for the rest of my life. Will I have to tell every boyfriend/girlfriend about my condition before I kiss or date them? Is this just the norm? And if it is, then why do I never hear about it or see it? Please help!