• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

"Coinfection with HSV-2 cannot be excluded without type specific testing"

I was informed by a former partner that she tested positive for HSV-2, so I got tested. In my results, I tested negative for HSV-2, and positive for HSV-1 (which I expected). The HSV-1 value is 4.35, and included in the text below is "Coinfection with HSV-2 cannot be excluded without type specific testing".

Anyone know what that means?

Mine say the opposite (coinfection with HSV-1 cannot...) I assumed that it meant that with the test I was given did not check for HSV-1 because it was type specific for HSV-2, and therefore there was a possibility that I may have HSV-1. SO if you did in fact get both tested and got seperate results for them then you should disregard that statement bc you know your status for both.. which mean you had a type specific test done for the two types. Some places only test for one and some for both so they make that clear by this statement in the results.

I hope I helped :)

"Coinfection with HSV-2 cannot be excluded without type specific testing".

Yup - it's saying that unless they did type specific testing for BOTH HsV1 and HSV2 (separately) that it's possible you have HSV2. You need to call the lab and ask them if they did specifically test for both. I'm guessing you did get tested for both as it said you were negative... but I would get it clarified with the lab.