• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

My Herpes, My Blessing

I was diagnosed this year in May, and 4 months later have found the strength to realize that I am a very lucky soul. All my life all I have ever truly wanted is a good man. But I guess sleeping with one way too early can still damage a future with one, and now my herpes is going to give me the strength to hold back, and wait becuase I do not want to be hurt for disclosing way too early just to have a deeper connection.

Before finding this site, I was scared of "the talk" and knew I would have to face it sooner or later. Watching the video about it shed new light on my herpes and what good it will actually do instead of harm. I found herpes shameful even though I know I didn't do anything wrong, I just felt like damaged goods and felt like that's how some guys will see me. And yes, there will be that small percentage that will, but after reading the statistics of herpes, I've felt a weight lifted off my shoulders. Found a little hope in knowing that I am not alone. I pray for a cure soon, becuase I know there are men and women that are living in the dark because of herpes, I've been there and know what it is like to feel like there is no hope.

I believe I took back my life last night, and wanted to appreciate everyone here for their stories and positive energy. And to those who are in the dark, the light can come faster then you think if you take a moment to look around and realize that more than half of the human population is on the same boat. :)

I like that you're so positive. It feels good to hear that from you after only 4 months. And I want you to know that your herpes is not what is going to give you the strength. YOU are the one who has the strength. Herpes is just a simple virus that some of us can magically make up into a huge, powerful monster. Your integrity is giving you the strength to hold back (and maybe a bit of your fear of rejection). ;)

I'm so glad that you see that the herpes talk can do good instead of harm. Because that's exactly what it's all about! Having the talk shows the kind of person you are, with integrity, honor, authenticity. You have common decency with another human being. There's a lot of beauty in that. And yes, some people won't see that, some people won't see past the stigma. And that's okay, too. We can't hate on them for that and make things better. The right person will see YOU.

And you know what? When I hear you say you're praying for a cure soon, I wonder if when you realize that you have taken back your life, if that's not a cure right there. The cure for herpes isn't some physical pill that we'll take to get this virus out of our body. The cure for herpes is a mental one — it's a shift in how we see ourselves and how we relate to struggles in our lives. It sounds like that's the cure that you've found for yourself. And that's what we're doing here with the Herpes Opportunity. Glad you're part of our H Opp family. We need people like you to spread the positivity instead of the shame.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: