• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes Whitlow on the tip of my finger?

Hello all. Sorry its been a while since I have logged on here. Just been very busy. However, I noticed that I may have herpes whitlow. I have little teeny tiny circles on my skin that are in a big patch and looks like a huge blister is starting to form on top of it. It is right by my nail but on the tip of my finger. Has anyone else got this? How long does it last and is there anything I can do for the pain or a more speedy recovery? Also how contagious is it? I have it covered with a bandaid but I work in the medical field, with kids, and am always on the computer. I just need a few insights or advice on this. Thank you!

The same rules apply as you would any other Herpes. Avoid DIRECT skin to skin contact (ie, the bandaid should be fine or you can use a finger cot/rubber glove), take anti-virals to help shorten the OB, and get the band-aid off when you can to help it air out... apply anything you might have that's an astringent to help it dry out (Epsom Salts bath/Alum salts/ etc)