• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Strange how the body speaks to you..

Down with my 6th brakeout since I got it in feb. I was at a outdoor party on sunday with my people from work, the next morning i knew it was coming. And yes, woke up yesterday, full brakeout. Today I have the flu. I normaly get it if I'm starting to get sick or have to much alcohol one night (yes, I have reduced the partying after finding out, but do have fun at special occasions) Needless to say, I live in the north of Norway and at this time of year it is down to zero degrees at night time so I was asking for it. I'm glad that I now am able to predict when it is on it's way, but on the other side I'm a bit bothered by the fact that the brakeouts dont seem to get any milder. I mean, they are never to bad. Sometimes it's nothing, sometimes I't more, but never unberable. I'm lucky I guess, I have fearly mild brakeouts. It just annoys me that they last for two weeks every time and i never know if it is going to be more or less. When do they just start being almost nothing every time?

Part from this I had an old friend clame his feelings for me a week ago. He is one of mye dearest friends so I had to fight my own fears and tell him about my condition with thoughts that he would reconsider his feelings towards me. But no, he insisted it was no biggie and that he would love me in any "shape or form". Yesterday he told me he had been doing some reading about this and was still not a bit conserned. It makes me just so happy to know that there are people like him out there capable to love a person so much that they are willing to risk getting infected at some point. I am starting to see it as "just a skindisease" now and are feeling much better, many thanks to this websight and all of you wonderfull people :-) thank you for all the grate posts that have been a grate insperation for building happy thoughts :-)

Big hugs to you all :-)

Hey Alone..you aren't alone...I had the same thing. Constant episodes for 5 -6 months initially - I thought it would never end. But it did, they suddenly just stopped and I haven't had one (although thought I may have prodrome episodes several times but cant be sure) for about 6 months now. H will settle down soon and just make sure you eat well, smile alot and get lots of loving with your friend ;-)

Such a lovely post for all of us to read... and give your lovely man a hug from me :-)

Alone, I'm so happy for you! I haven't dated for years, not only because of herpes but because of alot of other hangups (I'm a terrible housekeeper, I'm overweight, etc.) and the fact that I just didn't seem to meet anyone when I did go out to bars or events. I visited my best friend one day who was sitting outside with her laptop. She was on Plenty of Fish, a free dating website. The next thing I knew, she put me on it! I had been thinking of starting to date again, despite my hangups. Within a week, I had a date. The date went really well and the guy kept saying that we had to get together again but that never happened and one day, he closed his account out of the blue. I was disappointed but this has gotten me feeling liking dating again for all the great feelings that go with it. I have been reading stories of people dating non-H people as well as just dating people with herpes. I'm not sure which avenue I'm going to take. But anyway, have fun dating and I hope you are feeling better soon!

Greeneyes, thank you for you're comment :-) I have had a cople of months to soul search.. I have been thinking I would never date again! I consider my self a good looking girl and have never had any problem on the boyfriend area. So for me all of the sudden being hit with the news of H was so hard! I felt like a contagious zombie walking around waiting for disaster to strinke! First there is the choking feeling of eaven thinking about telling. And then, if someone ever could accept it, do I have the heart to put him in danger of getting this? Well, chances.. If you do not take any you will never know. You should absolutly date! Why not? We are lovable in any shape and form, sick or healthy, long hair short hair! that's what i keep telling my self :-)

Today I'm down with the flu and my breakeout, but really.. The flu is what's bothering me the most ;-)

Many hugs