• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Tonight is MY night

Hey everyone,

Woooo what a week. So went up to her place for the 4th and met her sister, brother, and mother. It was a great time. I ended up staying the whole weekend and couldn't have asked for a better time. I know that we've only been dating 2 months now but we have just been blowing through barriers and typical hiccups. We did have a small argument about being Facebook Official, but I nipped that in the bud and compromised by letting her blow up our newsfeed with photos of us. Shes going to be coming down for a party I am throwing on the 19th and thats when she will meet all of my friends. I know its soon to say it but this girl has some real potential to change my mind about the idea of marriage. I couldn't ask for a better person to be with. Ill keep you posted

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

Update time. So this past weekend she came down for the weekend and my roommate and I threw our apartment warming party. We were referring to this as "Gauntlet Party" because she was going to meet about 90% of my friends. Well the responses were "Damn Nick where'd you find the girl?" "I like her shes cool" "Hold onto that one" "Hey Nick shes taller than you." All things that just made me grin ear to ear. The next morning she was like "well that was stupid to be nervous about"

I'm telling anyone on here that is scared of disclosing or thinking that no one could possibly love them in the same way as before herpes. Well guess what, that thinking is just wrong. So what if you get hurt by someone that doesn't understand. So what if its a deal breaker. Because if I hadn't taken a shot and lived with a little reckless abandon. I would have never gotten to know this girl. I would have never loved this girl. And that would have been a much greater tragedy. My heart was already broken I didnt care if someone broke it some more, but now I feel whole again because for the first time in my 28 years I am being honest with myself and my emotions.

Love all of you,

Nick

This whole discussion gives hope to people living with H that you can find someone that will accept you for all that you are.

Thank you for sharing. I hope this relationship continues to grow and become more then you had ever hoped for. I will definitely be checking in to find out :)

Congrats

• 1 month later...

Wow, so I hadn't even realized that its been since late July since I gave you guys an update.

We are still plugging away. Having a very open relationship in terms of communication. We have discussed future plans as well as what we would like to take on as we go forward.

Its been very nice that since I first met her I have (knock on wood) not had an outbreak in 4 months. I am taking valtrex and being very cautious with eating proper, sleeping plenty and trying to take care of my body in general, not just because of my herpes.

We were actually talking about my disclosure last night. And she made the comment of how much she loved seeing me so nervous. She said it showed her that I was a good guy because I could have just not told her and been reckless. She has been amazed at my ability to express myself when I'm not happy about something as much as when I am happy. Its been great to have that with someone. Hope everyone is doing well

Don't worry I don't see myself leaving here. While there are days/weeks that I have been gone its tough to leave a place that within 48 hours of finding out I have herpes I made a profile on here. I put my photo out there because that was a photo from 2 years ago for my birthday (in case you guys didn't know I got my test results on my birthday) that photo was the last photo taken before I knew I had herpes. And you know what I'm the same damn person if not better.

As I am coming up on 2 years with herpes I had a talk with her about how my birthday isn't the happiest time for me because of what is now associated with it. And to be honest I feel like this year is going to be better and getting better each one after.

I've said it once and Ill say it again, getting herpes was one of the best things that could have happened to me as far as being a better person. It sucks it took that to get to this point in my life. But I now know and realize its not that big of a deal, other than taking meds each morning. But hey, I eat healthier, I workout more, I drink less, and I sleep better. I also have a better job and a healthy relationship in which I can communicate all my fears and desires whenever I want.

The old Nick would have thought this type of person was weak or not 'manly'. But I'll tell you this Seeker. It feels damn good to be a man on this site. Because there are a lot of women here who have been let down by men who gave them herpes and bounced or rejected them. But we get to be the strong ones. the ones who give them some validation that there are so really good guys out there and we have herpes. Just like they have shown me there are some really amazing women out there who have herpes too. That and you will never hear me complain about too many women.

Love you all,

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, this thread (and I've read a LOT) has given me the most inspiration. What a guy Nick and you are blessed in the relationship you have and the man you say you have transformed into as a result. I'm gonna take your advice on your opening in your talk for mine TONIGHT and whatever happens, I at least know that there are hopefully gonna be guys out there like you. Wishing you all the best in your future with your wonderful lady :)