• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

L-lysine for avoiding herpes outbreaks?

So this question was probably asked somewhere else but I remember reading that some of you take a l-lysine supplement. I went and bought some today but I was curious how much most of you take. I've read numbers all over the place so I just wanted to know bout how much is normal to take. And yea I know no one is a dr and this is technically medical advise I guess but I'm willing to take the chance. Im going to the dr at the end of the month but would like to start it now! It's funny that thru my research on this I discovered that I have 2 chronic conditions that can be treated/ complications minimized by taking L-lysine! And my dr never has even mentioned it to me!

Kaande,

L-Lysine is an amino acid naturally found in the body. Since it is an over the counter natural supplement, some doctors wouldn't feel comfortable prescribing its use.

Check out WebMD and search LYSINE to read the recommended dosage and you will find other patient reviews there if you want to read more experiential information. In my experience, my blisters heal faster when I take lysine as opposed to when I don't.

Since Lysine is an amino acid, and amino acids are the building blocks of protein, lysine helps the body heal and repair itself. It occurs naturally in the body to help bones grow and stay strong, maintain lean muscle mass, etc. Lysine is sometimes used in protein drinks or supplements designed for athletes to help their bodies recover from workouts.

Hope that helps a little. I am sure others will chime in too. :)

Kristin

aka breatheandletgo