• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Inspirational quotes

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place." — Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

So much has been given to me; I have no time to ponder over that which has been denied.

HELEN KELLER

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

• 2 weeks later...

"Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can become your greatest ally in your life's search for love and wisdom." — Rumi

Helpful resources:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

"Struggle is effort laced with negative emotion." — Stuart Wilde

Helpful resources:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • mr_hopp pinned this topic
  • 5 weeks later...

"If you know how to be at ease within yourself, every situation is an opportunity." — Sadhguru

Helpful resources:

• 4 weeks later...

"Hurt people hurt people. We either transform our pain, or transmit it."

• Like 1

Helpful resources:

"Unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so." — Noam Chomsky

Helpful resources:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." — Albert Einstein

Helpful resources:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A few that help me get through hard times:

"You can't see around corners" (I'm guilty of thinking that whatever I'm going through is going to last forever)

"When you think things are falling apart, they might actually be falling in place" (Or together- heard it two ways)

This one below (made more famous in pop culture due to excerpts in the 60's song "turn, turn, turn" by The Byrds is so helpful for me I printed and laminated it on an index card and keep in my purse.  It reminds mind that there really is a time for everything. Nothing lasts forever (including the good times too). That a good reminder in life. Helps me accept things more easily.  I've found at different times in my life different lines in this quote apply to what I'm dealing with. For example, "a time to mourn, a time to dance"; some of you might relate to the mourning period you needed to go through when you found out you had herpes.  And with time you eventually (or will eventually find there's "a time to dance".

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
(English Standard Version)
For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.

• 4 months later...

"The work of the mature person is to carry grief in one hand and gratitude in the other and to be stretched large by them. How much sorrow can I hold? That’s how much gratitude I can give. If I carry only grief, I’ll bend toward cynicism and despair. If I have only gratitude, I’ll become saccharine and won’t develop much compassion for other people’s suffering. Grief keeps the heart fluid and soft, which helps make compassion possible." — Francis Weller

Helpful resources:

• 3 weeks later...

"Grief, I've learned, is really just love. It's all the love you want to give, but cannot. All of that unspent love gathers in the corner of your eyes, the lump in your throat, and in the hollow part of your chest. Grief is just love with no place to go." — Jamie Anderson

• Like 1

Helpful resources:

• 1 year later...

"No amount of guilt will change the past, just as no amount of anxiety will change the future." — Umar Ibn al-Khattab

• Like 1

Helpful resources: