Welcome to the new-and-improved forums! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Carlos

Inspirational Quotes, Anyone?

haha I could go on all night.. my frav pass time ... geeky and a tad sad maybe, but I dont bloody care !! :-D xx

Pain (any pain--emotional, physical, mental) has a message. The information it has about our life can be remarkably specific, but it usually falls into one of two categories: "We would be more alive if we did more of this," and, "Life would be more lovely if we did less of that." Once we get the pain's message, and follow its advice, the pain goes away.

The more severe the pain or illness, the more severe will be the necessary changes. These may involve breaking bad habits, or acquiring some new and better ones.

Acceptance is not a state of passivity or inaction. I am not saying you can't change the world, right wrongs, or replace evil with good. Acceptance is, in fact, the first step to successful action. If you don't fully accept a situation precisely the way it is, you will have difficulty changing it. Moreover, if you don't fully accept the situation, you will never really know if the situation should be changed.

Acceptance is such an important commodity, some have called it "the first law of personal growth."

All from: Peter McWilliams, Life 101

I enjoyed reading these inspirational quotes. I am new here and just doing a lot of reading for now on all the different posts. Thank you.

These are lyrics to a hip hop song I just heard. Inspiring.

"We're living now in the nation of the lost

We're losing wars, losing children, losing jobs

Losing our minds, souls and our homes

We are lost but what we are not, is alone

The salvation our souls have cried out for is here

It stares us down quietly when we look in the mirror

Our heroes are us

The only superpower required, is love

So we're inviting you to submit your application

And become heroes, in the healing of a nation."

— "Invitation" by Zion I & The Grouch

Free e-book & handouts: https://herpesopportunity.com/free-ebook-signup.html 
The Opportunity Lifestyle Guides: https://herpeslife.com/opportunity2
Book a one-on-one coaching session: http://adriallifecoaching.com

Carlos, This may be the best thread yet :) Nicely done, love! xx Many blessings to you and into the new year!

This one has always been one of my favs:

"When something bad happens you have three choices. You can let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you." ~Unknown

"An emotion is only an emotion. It’s just a small part of your whole being. You are much more than your emotion. An emotion comes, stays for a while, and goes away, just like a storm. If you’re aware of that, you won’t be afraid of your emotions."

~Thich Nhat Hanh~

Good advice for those days when your emotions are out of control :)

"At this moment, there are 6 billion, 4 hundred 71 million, 8 hundred 18 thousand, 6 hundred 71 people in the world. Some are running scared.. some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day.. others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men at war with good, and some are good.. struggling with evil. 6 billion people in the world, 6 billion souls -and sometimes...all you need is 1."

“I believe that a life of integrity is the most fundamental source of personal worth. I do not agree with the popular success literature that says that self-esteem is primarily a matter of mind set, of attitude—that you can psych yourself into peace of mind. Peace of mind comes when your life is in harmony with true principles and values and in no other way.” — Stephen Covey

“Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls.” — Joseph Campbell

“We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” — Joseph Campbell

“The most important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.” — Charles Dubois

“We make ourselves significant by the courage of our questions, and the depth of our answers.” —Stephen Covey

“We’re at the point in our evolution that we all have to become conscious. This is a time of revolution. There’s no holding back. So I’m about tearing down the monastery walls and seeing the whole world as the monastery, as the practice, as the spiritual temple. What we’re all working on is this very being, this very life. This is the temple, it has no walls.” — Genpo Roshi

“Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at this moment.” — Eckhart Tolle

“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” — Henry David Thoreau

“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing herself/himself.” — Leo Tolstoy

“Imaginary obstacles are insurmountable. Real ones aren't.“ - Barbara Sher

Free e-book & handouts: https://herpesopportunity.com/free-ebook-signup.html 
The Opportunity Lifestyle Guides: https://herpeslife.com/opportunity2
Book a one-on-one coaching session: http://adriallifecoaching.com

So i was just chillin today and watching tv and really thought this quote from the movie evan almighty really hit close to home and kinda summed up what this support group is about and how awesome yall are. Its a christian movie so if you're of a different spiritually just substitute god for great spirit or supreme being or just fate. However u wanna look at it.

"If someone prays for patience do you think god gives them patience or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If someone asks for courage does god give them courage or the opportunity to be courageous? If someone prayed for family to be closer to one another does god zap them with warm fuzzy feelings,? Or does he give them the opportunity to love one another?"

I am so glad this thread lives on!!

Peach--that "god" quote is brilliant... I just posted it on my FB wall, it's so freakin good. Watch my atheist/agnostic friends give me sh!t about it, hahahaha

Mary: in Eternal Sunshine ,

"Adults are this mess of sadness and phobias." You are flawed. He is flawed. Together, you are flawed. Together, you are amazing.

Cant resist :-D

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell. -Buddha

The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself. -Steve Marabo

"Its easy to take your clothes off and have sex. People do it all the time. But opening up your soul to someone, letting them into your spirit, thoughts, fears, future, hopes, and dreams..........that's being naked."

A Bird Sitting On A Tree Is Not Afraid Of The Branch Breaking Because Here Trust Is Not On The Branch But On Its Wings So Believe In Yourself And Win The World!

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.

The lyrics to this song were so perfect for what i have been going throught since i found out about H. My favorite part..

"Night has always pushed up day

You must know life to see decay

But I won't rot, I won't rot

Not this mind and not this heart,

I won't rot."

http://youtu.be/z3RP1VbUaaA

In my native land we have a saying that goes like this: "Es mejor perder un minuto en la vida que la vida en un minuto." Which loosely translates to: "It is better to lose one minute of your life and not your life in one minute."