• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Inspirational quotes

I'm pretty sure that Ralph Waldo Emerson and I were soulmates in a past life. *sigh!*

Anyways, here are some from him that always make me smile:

"Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen."

"People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character."

but my FAVORITE is from Maya Angelou, which I always try to remember in every aspect of my life:

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

I love them both - RWE has so many inspirational quotes and Maya Angelou is my hero :)

One of my favorites :

For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

And Maya:

A wise woman wishes to be no one's enemy; a wise woman refuses to be anyone's victim.

Maya Angelou

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.

Maya Angelou

Growing up, I decided, a long time ago, I wouldn't accept any manmade differences between human beings, differences made at somebody else's insistence or someone else's whim or convenience.

Maya Angelou

"Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor." --Truman Capote--

“Someday, somewhere - anywhere, unfailingly, you'll find yourself, and that, and only that, can be the happiest or bitterest hour of your life.” ―Pablo Neruda―

"Don't ever say you hate life. That's blasphemy." --Christopher Moltisanti, The Sopranos--

"Life isn't happening to you. It's happening for you."

-Tony Robbins

"We all lose sometimes. We fail to get what we want. Friends and loved ones leave. We make a decision we regret. We try our hardest and come up short. It’s not the losing that defines us. It’s how we lose. It’s what we do afterward."

&

"Sometimes we have to go to dark places. Things will be better off and you’ll grow. You just don’t know it now."

-Scott Jurek, Eat&Run

"The great affair, the love affair with life, is to live as variously as possible, to groom one's curiosity like a high-spirited thoroughbred, climb aboard, and gallop over the thick, sun-struck hills every day. Where there is no risk, the emotional terrain is flat and unyielding, and despite all its dimensions, valleys, pinnacles, and detours, life will seem to have none of its meaningful geography, only a length. It began as mystery, and it will end in mystery, but what a savage and beautiful country lies in between." — Diana Ackerman

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

“If you are at first lonely, be patient. If you’ve not been alone much, or if when you were, you weren’t okay with it, then just wait. You’ll find it’s fine to be alone once you’re embracing it.” ~ Tanya Davis

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

She let go.

She let go. Without a thought or a word, she let go.

She let go of the fear.

She let go of the judgments.

She let go of the confluence of opinions swarming around her head.

She let go of the committee of indecision within her.

She let go of all the ‘right’ reasons.

Wholly and completely, without hesitation or worry, she just let go.

She didn’t ask anyone for advice.

She didn’t read a book on how to let go.

She didn’t search the scriptures.

She just let go.

She let go of all of the memories that held her back.

She let go of all of the anxiety that kept her from moving forward.

She let go of the planning and all of the calculations about how to do it just right.

She didn’t promise to let go.

She didn’t journal about it.

She didn’t write the projected date in her Day-Timer.

She made no public announcement and put no ad in the paper.

She didn’t check the weather report or read her daily horoscope.

She just let go.

She didn’t analyze whether she should let go.

She didn’t call her friends to discuss the matter.

She didn’t do a five-step Spiritual Mind Treatment.

She didn’t call the prayer line.

She didn’t utter one word.

She just let go.

No one was around when it happened.

There was no applause or congratulations.

No one thanked her or praised her.

No one noticed a thing.

Like a leaf falling from a tree, she just let go.

There was no effort.

There was no struggle.

It wasn’t good and it wasn’t bad.

It was what it was, and it is just that.

In the space of letting go, she let it all be.

A small smile came over her face.

A light breeze blew through her. And the sun and the moon shone forevermore…

~ Rev Safire Rose

• 2 weeks later...

"An emotion is only an emotion. It’s just a small part of your whole being. You are much more than your emotion. An emotion comes, stays for a while, and goes away, just like a storm. If you’re aware of that, you won’t be afraid of your emotions."

For all of you who are in the turmoil of the emotions associated with diagnosis.... (((HUGS)))

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to @paleogandenerkika for these:

- The vulnerability that honesty requires isn't something that everybody can handle. Lying allows people to be comfortable.

- Exposing your dark side doesn't frighten me, hiding it does.

- Being honest might not get you a lot of friends, but it will always get you the right ones.

• 2 weeks later...