• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Inspirational quotes

• 2 weeks later...

“You’re going to have to give something up. I’m a stand for your wholeness, your freedom, your happiness, your peace, but it’s going to require something of yourself that I can’t do for you. That self-sabotaging story you carry inside, that way of being that keeps you safe but lonely, those walls you’ve built around your heart, those fears that imprison you, those false people you manufacture as yourself in order to please others – whatever it might be for you – there’s something you’re going to have to trust me enough to give up to receive what I’m offering. I know it’s not easy. I know it’s risky. I know it feels like it requires a courage you don’t think you have. I know it may be the most difficult thing you have ever done. I know it may feel like marching to your own death. But I wouldn’t be your friend if I didn’t tell you that if you walk away from this, you wont be protecting yourself but losing yourself. What good is it to protect your pseudo-happiness, and forfeit everything your heart deeply longs for in exchange for it? You’ve got to give up the life you’re living in order to step into the life you want."

— Jim Palmer

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Not sure if this has been posted, but it's a good reminder for all of us:

"Leap, and the net will appear." - John Burroughs

definitely feeling this one after a successful disclosure to a friend whose reaction I was very worried about :)

• 2 weeks later...

REST IN PEACE MAYA ANGELOU

===========================

“I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.

I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life.

I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a "life."

I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.

I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.

I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.

I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

~Maya Angelou

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few quotes and lyrics I love :)

“Those awful things are survivable because we are as indestructible as we believe ourselves to be.”

~John Green

Life can be the sunshine

On peaceful days with bright blue skies

Or life can be the raindrops

That fall like tears squeezed from your eyes

Life can be the heaven

That you'll only reach through hell

Since you won't know that you're happy

If you've not been sad as well

Life can teach hard lessons

But you'll be wiser once you know

That even roses need sunshine

And a touch of rain to grow ~

"It is a risk to love.

What if it doesn't work out?

Ahh, but what if it DOES."

~Peter McWilliams

the bright side of rejection:

"You can't see it now, but that thing you didn't get will someday be the best thing you never had."

~Mandy Hale

"The love of your life is out there… but they won’t just drop on your lap, nor you on theirs. So stop living an on hold life! Go out there and experience your life, write your story and live your fairy tale. It is on that journey that you’ll cross paths with the love that’s worthy of the story."

~Dr. Steve Maraboli

This city runs fast, no one has time to sit with themselves

No time to look into our pain or see the same despair in everyone else

It's here, it's there, it's everywhere - tears soak each card the dealer's dealt

But time taught me how to see every second as Heaven

Even though they're perfectly disguised as Hell

~Eyedea & Abilities - Smile

"Peace comes, not from an absence of strife and conflict, but in our ability to cope with it."

~Dorothy Thomas

I am surrendering to the gravity and the unknown

Catch me, heal me, lift me back up to the sun

I choose to live.

~ A Perfect Circle - Gravity

"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."

~Oscar Wilde

"I think that's what's wrong with the world; No one says what they feel, they always hold it inside. They're sad, but they don't cry. They're happy, but they don't dance or sing. They're angry, but they don't scream. Because if they do, they feel ashamed. And that's the worst feeling in the world. So everyone walks with their heads down and no one sees how beautiful the sky is."

"The thing about chaos is that while it disturbs us, it too forces our hearts to roar in a way we secretly find magnificent."

-Christopher Poindexter

:)

"When life makes you have to put up with mean and hateful people, just think of them as sandpaper. They may scratch you, rub you the wrong way, but eventually, you end up smooth and polished. But the sandpaper; it’s just going to be worn out and ugly."

— The Fighting Temptations, Movie

Smart girls are the over thinkers, the insecure ones, the different ones. They know what the real world is like. They analyze every little thing in life. Why? To avoid getting hurt. To find happiness. They stay up at night trying to think about every possible situation to get through all problems. They think too much. They trust less people. Their insecurity proves their respect toward themselves. Of course they live away from a drama-filled life. Smart girls know their worth, now that's the ones worth keeping by your side.

Unknown quote

• 2 weeks later...

This post is beyond amazing.. First time I've actually cried since being diagnosed a week ago.. And not necessarily just sad tears.. Just tears full of all emotions.. The positivity on this forum is amazing.. I don't think it's REALLY hit me yet.. But it's really nice to know that I am not alone.. Thank you all for the amazing quotes on this thread!!! The tears are a flowin!!!!!

• 1 month later...