• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Inspirational quotes

“From the Buddhist perspective, I told him, all of us have the capacity to make use of any circumstance, no matter how awful, to create value. This ability to “change poison into medicine,” as it is known in Nichiren Buddhism, makes plausible the transformation of even the most horrific tragedy into something that enables us to become happier. . . .

Believing in your ability to transform poison into medicine when you don’t know how, and often won’t except in retrospect, is difficult, I admit. But that’s the confidence you have to find. That’s the confidence that represents your greatest defense against discouragement.”

~ Alex Lickerman, MD

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

"Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear."

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear." Mark Twain

Great video:

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

• 1 month later...

Self-pity in its early stage is as snug as a feather mattress. Only when it hardens does it become uncomfortable.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.

We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.

Love recognizes no barriers, it jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination hope.

------Maya Angelou

• 3 weeks later...

This quote applies beautifully to having the herpes talk (and difficult conversations in general). It's quite the conundrum! When we're willing to take action in the face of what initially feels difficult (maybe even impossible), it paves the way for ease and blossoming down the road.

“So, counterintuitively an easy life in the long term comes from the sacrifice of completing more difficult tasks here and now. But the paradigm-shifting insight and breakthrough that successful people have made that many others have not is that often these more difficult activities are only necessary for a short amount of time.

Which brings us to the Pain Paradox of decision making that states the short-term easy leads to the long-term difficult, while the short-term difficult leads to the long-term easy. The great paradox is that what we thought was the easy, what looks like the easy, what seems like the easy way very often leads us to creating a life that couldn’t be more opposite of easy. And inversely the things that we thought were most difficult, the challenges that appear to be the toughest, and the requirements that seem most rigorous are the very activities that lead us to the life of easy that we all want.”

— Rory Vaden

Helpful resources:

• 2 weeks later...

An oldie, but such a goodie:

Why Trust Is Worth It:

Helpful resources:

• 2 weeks later...

"Essentially, the self-image governs how successful any individual becomes because it motivates and shapes work ethic and effort.

In this way, self-image is like a thermostat. If you set the thermostat at 72 degrees Fahrenheit and the room drops to 71 degrees, the thermostat then sends a message to the heater to get to work. Warm air rushes into the room, and the room warms up to 72 degrees. When the room reaches 73 degrees, the thermostat tells the heater to stop working. All day long, the thermostat governs the temperature in the room and won’t allow the room temperature to rise or drop from the desired temperature for long. Human beings are the same way: we neither outperform nor underperform our self-image for long. That’s why it is so important to set your self-image gauge high enough to achieve your life goals. Set your self-image gauge too low, and by definition, you’ll underachieve, because your mind won’t call for the motivation to achieve more.”

—Jason Selk

Helpful resources:

• 2 weeks later...

“If this is your personality then your personality creates your personal reality. It’s that simple. And your personality is made up of how you think, how you act, and how you feel. So the present personality who is reading this page has created the present reality called your life; and that also means that if you want to create a new personal reality—a new life—then you have to begin to examine or think about the thoughts you’ve been thinking and change them. You must become conscious of the unconscious behaviors you’ve been choosing to demonstrate that have led to the same experiences, and then you must make new choices, take new actions, and create new experiences.”

—Dr. Joe Dispenza

Helpful resources:

• 2 weeks later...

“You create opportunities by performing, not complaining.”

~ Muriel Siebert

Helpful resources:

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this site. After I felt completely helpless I've learned that life goes on and I can once be happy from talking to people with H2. It was devastating to me for years. I can honestly say I've haven't been so focused on being happy in a a number of years!!! Anyone need to talk message me.

I never read horoscopes. I think what I infrequently do read can apply to pretty much anyone at any given time in their life. But the quote below came entrenched in today's Saggitarius bit:

"...Give others time to reflect on your disclosure; relaxing your expectations helps you avoid unnecessary disappointment. Love is a dance which can't be rushed."

By Rick Levine

Ha.

“The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.” — Paul Valery

Helpful resources:

• 2 weeks later...

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,

Love like you'll never be hurt,

Sing like there's nobody listening,

And live like it's heaven on earth.”

― William W. Purkey

Helpful resources:

“The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven...”

Helpful resources:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw this on a "Thought of the Day" calender. Really made me recognize my self destructive behaviours.

Have you ever noticed how uptight you feel when youre caught up in your thinking? And, to top it off, the more absorbed you get in the details of whatever is upsetting you, the worse you feel.One thought leads to another, and yet another, until at some point, you become incredibly agitated.

• 2 weeks later...

Abandoholism is similar to the other ‘oholisms, but instead of being addicted to a substance, you’re addicted to the emotional drama of heartbreak. You pursue hard-to-get partners to keep the romantic intensity going and to keep your body’s love-chemicals and stress hormones flowing.

What makes someone an abandoholic?

Abandoholism sets in when you’ve been hurt so many times that you’ve come to equate insecurity with love. Unless you’re pursuing someone you’re insecure about, you don’t feel in love.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

“Trust is choosing to make something important to you vulnerable to the actions of someone else.” — Charles Feltman

Helpful resources:

• 1 month later...

“Millions of items are present to my senses which never properly enter into my experience. Why? Because they have no interest for me. My experience is what I agree to attend to. Each of us literally chooses by our way of attending to things, what sort of universe we shall appear to ourselves to inhabit.” — William James

Helpful resources: