• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Inspirational quotes

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.

Even as the stone of the fruit must break, that its heart may stand in the sun, so must you know pain.

And could you keep your heart in wonder at the daily miracles of your life, your pain would not seem less wondrous than your joy;

And you would accept the seasons of your heart, even as you have always accepted the seasons that pass over your fields.

And you would watch with serenity through the winters of your grief.

Much of your pain is self-chosen.

It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self.

Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquillity:

For his hand, though heavy and hard, is guided by the tender hand of the Unseen,

And the cup he brings, though it burn your lips, has been fashioned of the clay which the Potter has moistened with His own sacred tears.

On Pain

Kahlil Gibran

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

• 1 month later...

"What the world needs more of is ..." ([wo]man on the street):

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

• 2 weeks later...

"Let someone love you just the way you are — as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room." — Marc Hack

Helpful resources:

"We've all been given a gift: The gift of life. What we do with our lives is our gift back." — Edo

Helpful resources:

• 2 weeks later...

"The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about." — Wayne Dyer

Helpful resources:

• 2 weeks later...

Love quotes, they have helped me through many of my life's ups and downs ! and so I thought I would share these !

“Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.”

― Anne Frank

" The problem is not the problem: the problem is your attitude to the problem "

- Johnny Depp

" Peace is a result of re training your mind to process life as it is, rather than how you think it should be"

-Wayne W Dyer

http://img.quozio.com/img/02aa4a59/1025/Im-quirky-silly-blunt.jpg

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/f7/a6/43/f7a643a049e7a958784cb3cbb6e1d697.jpg

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d7/c5/d6/d7c5d65c1685dac54fc4fff1711b7d5d.jpg

I also love this site, and I am so glad I found it. The words from you all are helping me come to terms with my recent diagnosis and are just as powerful as all the quotes I have ever read !! (and being a bit of a geek I have read many many quotes !! )

Thank you :-)

"Your value doesn't decrease based on someone's inability to see your worth."

Helpful resources:

• 2 weeks later...

"There is no difficulty that enough love will not conquer. There is no disease that enough love will not heal. No door that enough love will not open. No gulf that enough love will not bridge. No wall that enough love will not throw down. And no sin that enough love will not redeem. It makes no difference how deeply seated may be the trouble. How hopeless the outlook. How muddled the tangle. How great the mistake. A sufficient realisation of love will dissolve it all. And if you could love enough you would be the happiest and most powerful person in the world."

~Emmett Fox

Can't seem to get the photo thing to work :(

But here is one of my favorites:

"When you have come to the edge Of all light that you know And are about to drop off into the darkness Of the unknown, Faith is knowing One of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or You will be taught to fly”

Two of my favourites -

"Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like."

Will Smith

"My choice is what i chose to do;

and if I'm causin no harm,

it shouldn't bother you.

Your choice is who you chose to be;

and if your causin to harm, then your alright with me."

Ben Harper - burn one down

Some people confuse self-love with arrogance, selfishness, self-importance, or ego.

But that’s not what loving yourself is about at all.

We all have within us a Divine spark. Loving yourself simply means that you recognize that this spark exists, and in doing so, you realize you are inherently and divinely lovable.

It’s also about prioritizing self care, because you can’t truly love and serve others unless you’re giving and loving from a place of fullness, rather than depletion.

When you allow your Divine spark to be nurtured and cared for, and when you radiate that Divine spark out into the world - LOOK OUT WORLD.

Sorry cant help myself now, I bloody love quotes :-) !!!!

What you crave outside of you will only ever be found within you.

The perfect job won’t fill you.

The right partner won’t fill you.

Boatloads of money won’t fill you.

Status, fame, popularity and achievement won’t fill you.

Seek your fulfillment within and you will always have everything you need.

Nothing out side of you can affect you. Nothing outside of you can make you feel sad, angry, weak or disheartened without your permission.

Everyone comes with baggage, find someone who loves you enough to help you unpack.

sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults. Cry behind closed doors and fight battles that no one knows about.

When I look back on my life, I see pain, mistakes and heartache. When I look in the mirror I see strength, learnt lessons, and pride in my self .

You don't really need someone to complete you. you only need someone to accept you completely

Sorry, I realise I've taken over this post. I cant help it, I'm addicted to quotes.. I will leave.......for now :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking to someone on here the other day about "attachment" (which is where I have had most of my growth in my own life journey) and I came across these...

“Most of our troubles are due to our passionate desire for and attachment to things that we misapprehend as enduring entities.” ~Dalai Lama from http://zenhabits.net/zen-attachment/

And

"True transformation occurs only when we can look at ourselves squarely and face our attachments and inner demons, free from the buzz of commercial distraction and false social realities. We have to retreat into our own cocoons and come face-to-face with who we are. We have to turn toward our own inner darkness. For only by abandoning its attachments and facing the darkness does the caterpillar's body begin to spread out and its light, beautiful wings begin to form." *** Julia Butterfly Hill

oowww you've set me off !! :-D

“The reason many people in our society are miserable, sick, and highly stressed is because of an unhealthy attachment to things they have no control over.”

“Mostly it is loss which teaches us about the worth of things.”

"A thought is harmless unless we believe it. It’s not our thoughts, but our attachment to our thoughts, that causes suffering. Attaching to a thought means believing that it’s true, without inquiring. A belief is a thought that we’ve been attaching to, often for years.”

LOVE that last one Hope!!! Sooooo true!

"A thought is harmless unless we believe it. It’s not our thoughts, but our attachment to our thoughts, that causes suffering. Attaching to a thought means believing that it’s true, without inquiring. A belief is a thought that we’ve been attaching to, often for years.”

Attachment to ANYTHING will bring pain in the end. Attaching to how someone "should" be or who they "should" act or what they "should" say - attachment to your belief that your new car "should" not get that ding that it almost always will (especially if you are attached to it looking new!) - attachment to what your body "should" look like - yada yada yada ... I've spent the last 8 years working on releasing myself from the grips of attachment, and I've been reasonably successful in most areas, yet I STILL have abandonment issues.... go figure.... LOL

haha Are we having a quote off ?

"All of our miseries are nothing but attachment. Our whole ignorance and darkness is a strange combination of a thousand and one attachments. And we are attached to things which will be taken away by the time of death, or even perhaps before. You may be very much attached to money but you can go bankrupt tomorrow. You may be very much attached to your power and position, your presidency, your prime ministership, but they are like soap bubbles. Today they are here, tomorrow not even a trace will be left"

Hey I'm the queen on abandonment issues. The fact you have worked through so many other things is fantastic. I still have to work on the attachment to how my body should look !! and as I get older and gravity and collagen depletion sets in I am beginning to think that its time to let go of this attachment. Get the ice cream out !! ha