• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I am [fill in the blank]!

So I am watching Oprah and Joel Olsteen is on. He is a pastor but also a man that is very positive. I'm not here to push religion though for me my faith is getting me through nd working for me. Anyways my point is this he has a book called, "I declare" it's a positive book with positive declarations. He said "Whatever comes after "I Am" will come looking for you. So in our case everyday we feel ashamed or sad or whatever instead of saying " I am never going to find someone." replace it with "I am deserving and worthy of love." Or I'm amazing or I'm resilient it will follow. Also another positive affirmation "As long as you have breath in you someone needs what you have." If you have an awesome smile someone needs it if you can sing someone needs music maybe we are in this situation to share compassion to the ignorant or become stronger I'm not sure. I do know this my positivity is coming back and I want to nurture it and I thank those of you who have read and responded. I'm glad I found a place to express myself and relate. If you're struggling like I was today maybe this will help. I went out and enjoyed the beautiful day. And now I'm going to move forward in the spirit of today. Thinking of you all and wishing you well. Goodnight :)

Thanks Dom. I LOVE Joel. I am not a "religious type" but his message of hope is so powerful. I actually listen to his sermons every morning as I am getting ready for work. There have been many many days where what he had to say spoke right to my heart and was exactly what I needed to get my thoughts moving in a positive direction. My girlfriend just got the book "I Declare" and she said it has really started to turn things around for her in her thinking. The "I Am" statement is very powerful. I love what you suggest and I challenge each of us to create an I Am statements. Maybe we can share them to inspire each other? I will start: I AM a once in a lifetime creation of God worthy of great love and devotion. I AM talented, creative, powerful and resilient. I AM enough just the way I am. :)