• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Erythema multiforme from hsv ugh

Two tablespoons ?? Ok --- we can do that . Lousy taste though. Lol

We will try to limit physical activity and heat when at all possible. But yesterday morning she was doing so much better then bam -- it hit. Has done some this morning. Just wish we or our doc knew of some way to put this HSV virus down--- if that's what is driving this . Acyclovir seemed to work then she had EM breakouts now she has one on famvir --- not HSV breakouts but EM breakouts . Thanks for advice. One day this will all stop!!!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been mixing it with water, tossing in an emergency c packet and also echinacea drops. Actually doesn't taste bad but I will increase the cider a bit.

How do we avoid physical activity? We are trying some. We are planning to go with our youth group zip-lining in a couple of weeks. We can't stop life but at same time we need to take precautions . She said she is not going to let this stop her.

Still amazed that she --- we---- have had HSV for many years and it chose to react this way all of a sudden. I have never had an outbreak and hers were always limite to her knee for a week or so then go away. Now her body is having a reaction to the virus. It's so confusing.

Thanks again

You know, you *may* want to call the Westover Heights folks ... they just deal with HSV but odds are they have had to deal with EM in conjunction with HSV ... they may have either a list of Dr's who may be able to help or actual advice to help you out... they do phone consults at $5/minute ... and with all the running around you've done, this may actually be a "cheap" option that may give you some more answers

http://westoverheights.com/ (503) 226-6678

Well, as one person said on here about H - worse things happen to better people. Sometimes things happen that we can't have foreseen and that we can't always control. All we can do is keep looking for answers/better ways to deal with it. At least she has you to support her. We have folks on here who are dealing with atypical Herpes and/or other things who are single and it's a tough thing to do on your own when you are not getting answers from your Dr's.... so thank you for being there for her :)

I love her --- she is my life --- we have so much fun together and now our lived had been a little altered by this. We have been told all along that this will go away -- but it has not ---

She is determined not to let this alter her life. She still goes to work every day and we take part in everything we have always taken part in -- we just have to be cautious of the sun right now I suppose. She lover me and I love her. I just hate this for her and I feel helpless. I'll call westovetheights monday .

@baseballfan , but my mother and neighbor were absolutely in prw-menopause and their hormone tests came back normal. They were angry lunatics. A hormone test really tells nothing and she's at the age where her hronone absolutely are declining. Don't take that as word. Unless they have her pee in a jug every time she goes to the bathroom for like 72hrs and test her hormone levels that way and how they fluctuate, they cannot get the full answer from a single blood test. Just like how they said my thyroid was fine and so were the levels. Then I see a rheumatologist and I'm in full blown thyroid autoimmune failure w a high thyroid antibody count. There's just no one single test that can give you the answer. It takes taking into account symptoms and a multitude of tests.

Thanks

We can see---

Her gyno did the test - a folicle stimulating test and it came back that she had not started --- but then said if she went off the pill then she might be post-menopausal which made no sense. We have seen so many docs including a rheumatologist --

She had a bad weekend --- lots of little breakouts including sores on her mouth. These will go away I a few days but they should not be happening on antivirals .

We are exhausted -- no one should have to go through this without any real answers or solutions.

Thanks again.

We are at a loss on what to do now except contact our Derm again Monday to see what to do!

One Derm wants her to stop birth control pills --- she has been taking it for years. We might consider.

One likelihood is that her illness in feb might have been EBV -- which explains why antibiotics did not work --- then the z-pack followed by Cipro might have triggered something.

This is still going on --- entering week six.

Thinking bout going to mayo clinic.

Ok googled quickly if u take antibiotics while having mono it can cause a rash...now I don't know how severe the tash and if it can trigger erythema muliforme but I don't see why not.

Especially those antiviotics are pretty strong I think.

So look at that route. I think it is likely drug induced reaction maybe mono too.

Good luck. Hang in!!!

Yes it's frustrating.

Side effects like clots etc increase as u get older on the pill.

Get snipped and have her go off the pill to see if it helps. I dunno. It's hard to know unless u exhaust all causes. Ask her gyno side effects going off pill at 50.

I actually asked my Dr to go on pill for birth control. He advised against it at my age.