• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

This whole herpes thing is making me want to kill myself i gave it to my boyfriend, someone help.

Rainbow...SW is right (and I am so happy to read your words honey :-) ). I'm sending love your way too. It isn't the end of the world and you are worth too much to do anything like that over a minor skin condition millions of us have.

I know you feel awful and guilty and it feels overwhelming. I don't know how your boyfriend is reacting either but again SW is right...and he is responsible for his own feelings, not you. This is an opportunity for him to be caring and vulnerable, if he isn't then H is showing him he needs to work on that area of his life. It is an opportunity for you to love yourself too...think about how you would help someone you love who was feeling like this. Treat yourself the same way...

We are here for you...we all know that depth of despair and that it gets better. Awesome people have H...and everyone on here is pretty awesome. Whenever you need support come on here...type like a mental and we will be here for you :-) I'm sending so much love your way too. xx

Did you know you had herpes when you gave it to him? Or did you not know any better? I'm just curious about that to see how to support you. And either way, jumping to wanting to kill yourself is just not the way, dear. I know it feels so huge right now, but in the scheme of things, it's not worth so much stress and heartache and suffering that you're putting yourself through. Trust me. We're here for you if you'd like to post more about where you're at right now. I'd like to hear more from you. How is your boyfriend handling it? Are you trying to work it out? What sort of support do you have with friends and family? Big hug.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Hugs to you Rainbow. It feels like the end of the world, but honey, it's a skin condition. If you gave him a cold sore on his lip, would you feel like the world was ending? No, of course not. It's just a matter of location sweetie. It's a minor annoyance like the flu. It comes and then it's gone and life continues as normal. If your boyfriend is becoming abusive, then you really need to keep yourself safe first and foremost but don't beat yourself up. There are lessons in all of this. If you feel like you could have done something different in that situation (I am not sure if you knew or he knew ahead of time) then you take those lessons. What has happened has happened. No amount of self loathing or anxiety will change one second of the past. The great thing is you are reaching out to the group and that is so healthy!! You obviously have enough strength to know you need support. What a great first step!!