• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Is herpes transmission certain after contact with lesion?

I have been known to get jealous about a man seeing other women, but the jealousy I am referring to which keeps me from waiting for Mr. Right, rather than maintain unhealthy relationships, has more to do with that I am jealous that other people have boyfriends or husbands and I don't. So when I am between "boyfriends," I get very antsy and a little depressed. I wish I could be strong enough to just take a year off or something. I hear folks say that is always a great thing to do - promotes self acceptance and self love as you work on yourself. But...I'm inpatient and get jealous.

I had a couple hour conversation with #1 on Monday. Had nothing to do with H, just about our relationship in general as well as the relationship with #2. #1 has known about #2 since we got back together - doesn't care, doesn't get jealous. He admits his advice sounds self serving, but he insists that I should tell #2 that I will never be attracted to him enough. I think he is right, but guess what. Too scared to tell him. Too scared to be without his love, friendship and attention. He's always been ok with the H thing, by the way.

@amanda

I used to be similar - I hated being single. It led to poor decisions much of the time where men were concerned. I finally took time off - it was initially going to be 6 months to a year - ended up being 3 years ... and it was the best thing I've ever done for myself. I know now not only that I can survive without a man, I can THRIVE without one if I have to. Does it mean I want to? No. I'm very actively dating right now, with the hopes of meeting someone. But I know I am ok without him too. Perhaps you can try taking 3 months off ... something shorter than a year, and when you make it that far, try another 3 months. Find an activity you love and join a Meetup group for it .... take yourself on a vacation ... do things with friends. You may find you really like it once you break through that first bit of being uncomfortable being single ... I know for ME it's the best thing I've ever done ;)