• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Good Dating Sites & Ways too meet guys with Herpes

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL ... @seeker and @Chrissyny ... Get a Room!!!! Hahahahahahaaaa!

Things are okay otherwise, just trying to find my balance yet I know me cutting off those idiots for good is for the best, so this is a transitional period - no doubt I will land on my feet, but I can't lie, all of this has been so hard

This is my favorite quote

When you come to the edge of all the light that you know

And are about to drop into the darkness of the unknown

Faith is knowing one of two things will happen

There will be something solid to land on

Or you will be taught to fly

Congratulations on getting your wings .... now you just have to learn how to use them :)

Funny though, you sure learn who your real friends are at times like this.

I tell people all the time ... Herpes is a GREAT Wingman ;)

http://supporttruthanddialog.com/using-herpes-as-your-wingman/

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-forum/discussion/3309/successful-herpes-disclosure-but-not-for-the-reasons-you-might-think (Herpes Wingman example Mazedaze818 )

(((HUGS)))

hit post too soon. I have been thinking about it and it had served me well to just go cold. no one gets in. every time I let them in something goes wrong. I cant wear my heart on my sleeve anymore. im too damned rational and logical and too honest for my own good. despite all the press, people, especially women don't really want men to be honest to them, they want us to tell them what they want to hear and say whatever they do is ok, because they "feel" that way. I cant do it anymore. the wall goes up. it has served me well in the past. I will still offer support and what limited info I have. helping other here is not fully altruistic, it helps me deal with this rash. but I am tired, deep in the soul tired. no nothing stupid is going to happen, I would never leave my son with THAT baggage. im no coward.

Seeker, I know you well and I feel your pain, but don't let it control you....don't let your pain define you.

It hasn't served you well to put your wall up, and if you are totally honest with yourself you would agree. Walls are barriers and barriers need to come down in order to love yourself, experience love from others, and to love others. Yes, you can get hurt when your heart is open...and it's painful.....it's a struggle sometimes, BUT having lived on that side you are speaking of, it doesn't get you anyplace good. Your life doesn't become your life anymore, you are just living one step closer to dying.

Hugs to you as you are one super special man with a wonderful heart and a charming spirit. Things didn't go your way, you were exposed, and that's a good thing....for to feel is to live. Keep living friend! xo

I know women appreciate honestly, no one wants a yes man....that's not authentic, but the key is to accept that your honesty and truth might not be accepted or agreed upon by others and that doesn't mean you have to put the wall up...that means, you have to move through it and be empathetic.

Life's true human authentic connections have bumps...they are not smooth.....those bumps teach us things about ourselves and what I think it's teaching you is that to be open, exposes you, makes you uncomfortable, makes you hurt, but it also makes you shine.....as that is where myself and everyone on this forum sees your humour, your love for human kind, your strength, your love for your son, and how deeply and honestly you can love another woman. You will bless one lucky lady my friend and I sincerely hope you move through this struggle and come out the other side appreciative and happier.

Love you Lots

xo

sigh. I keep trying to let this go back to a post about meeting guys. In platos republic there is a discussion amongst the learned elders of Greece. in it they mention how much better their lives are now that they no longer care about anything pertaining to the carnal nature. I have come to the conclusion that they are right. now im not an old man and still have those desires but ive no doubt, given my own reactions and the screwed up state of our culture that this would be my best approach. I cannot live up to the false standards put forth by the media nor self help gurus who are paid to make people feel good about themselves. after all feeling good about ourselves at this moment in time is all that matters, damned the consequences or the fallout. MY feelings at THIS moment are the only valid thing in the universe of which I am the center.

so since that is how our culture is I put it this way. my feeling are such that I no longer want to flirt nor get involved with anyone. my feeling may change but I doubt it.