• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just a bit of a laugh

I read on another post about paranoia making us think crazy things and wanted to share this for a laugh.

Recently I was on holiday overseas and held a koala while I was there. The zoo keeper said the koala carries the retrovirus aids but that it cannot be passed from them to humans.

I was already worried before I held the koala thinking it was going to pass to me because of herpes. Then the next day I woke up with a rash on my hand, I have had this before but it still didn't stop me thinking I was weakened by herpes and caught aids from the koala.

I had already caught a cold while I was there so obviously I already thought I had Ebola too.

I spent the whole day telling myself there was no way I got aids because the zoo keeper said I couldn't - that was the only information keeping me sane.

My boyfriend tried to be supportive and tell me I have neither but he though it was just a little bit hilarious.

So eventually I calmed myself and realised how funny it all really was.

Just shows you how your mind will run away if you let it.

:)

Amazing how the mind can run amock, eh? :D

For clarity for anyone reading, yes, Herpes makes it easier to get HIV because we develop OPEN SORES (which are often in the vagina and so women don't feel them, or the person may have something on, say, their thigh/groin crease and just ignore the discomfort if they don't know it's Herpes) which then create a major highway for the HIV virus to get in. So you can still hug on your HIV+ friends (or a Koala!) with Herpes and you will be QUITE safe ;)