• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I have genital herpes (hsv1) and he has genital herpes (hsv2) ...

I've spent over a year analyzing the sh*t out of everything to do with herpes...but recently through a H dating site I have met a great guy. I don't know what type he has yet (it's been sooo nice to not jump into that subject although it will come up very soon!) I just was wondering what is the the likelihood of me who has hsv1 contracting hsv2 down there?? Maybe he has the same as me..who knows it's just been nice getting to know eachother without that being the focus of our convos...anyone have any info or been in this position? I'm NOT looking for jump into bed with ANYONE but if the time comes Id love to be properly informed about risks and anyone else's ezperiences. Thank you!

• 4 years later...
On 9/19/2014 at 6:37 PM, Le3113 said:

I've spent over a year analyzing the sh*t out of everything to do with herpes...but recently through a H dating site I have met a great guy. I don't know what type he has yet (it's been sooo nice to not jump into that subject although it will come up very soon!) I just was wondering what is the the likelihood of me who has hsv1 contracting hsv2 down there?? Maybe he has the same as me..who knows it's just been nice getting to know eachother without that being the focus of our convos...anyone have any info or been in this position? I'm NOT looking for jump into bed with ANYONE but if the time comes Id love to be properly informed about risks and anyone else's ezperiences. Thank you!

Thanks for bringing this up Le3113:

I'd love to know where to get some facts on this as well. This is my current situation, and I just want to be properly informed. It took me a while to adjust to having HSV1 genitally, and I want to prevent either of us from having to adjust to more if it all possible & if it comes to that.