• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Small bump noticed after sex

So I have a bump that I notice after sex... It's not red or painful or itchy or anything Infact it feels slightly hard like an in growing hair or a spot, but I'm noticing that it seems to 'flare' after sex... It never spreads, or gets worse it's just there. I have no idea if this is the herpes, or just a part if me that I've never noticed before because since diagnosis I feel like I don't know my body any more...

I feel the same way about my body. Every time I shave I get a shaving irritation, a bunch of tiny little bumps like a rash, and I never thought anything of it until this diagnosis. I always play it safe and wait for it to go away. I think the only to know if its H is to go get it looked at and tested.

I would go get it checked to be honest. When was your last std screen? I'm in now way shape or form trying to scare you. It could be a bump from shaving or possibly a wart (again not trying to scare you!) The hpv virus is so very common! Try not to worry which I know from experience is very difficult since I suffer from anxiety to the extreme! But it cannot hurt to go get it looked at!

ok, I get something called hardened cysts in and around my fun zone. now being a male I know we have different plumbing and im not sure if its strictly a male thing, im assuming spermataceous cysts are, lol. there are tons of skin conditions out there, molluscum is a common one that takes forever to go away. also irritation from shaving ( does anyone have hair down there anymore? ) hair follicles can get infected ( im not about to try to spell what its called at the moment). plus there is the ole," paying far more attention to the region now than I did before herpes syndrome" I know ive looked at my junk more in the last 5 months than the previous 49 years.

um is this bump in the, er, um "friction zone" that alone should cause some irritation.

wow, nothing really is off limits discussion wise here is it? lol.

I know ive looked at my junk more in the last 5 months than the previous 49 years.

um is this bump in the, er, um "friction zone" that alone should cause some irritation.

wow, nothing really is off limits discussion wise here is it? lol.

Thanks for the giggle @seeker ... and no, nothing is off limits...

and really, wouldn't it be a much better world if we could discuss these things like adults like this in real life??? For one, we'd see the hilariousness in our crazy human behavior a lot faster and there would be a lot fewer stigmas and shame around things .... and a LOT more shared experience and understanding that we are not alone in our crazy humanity ;)

and really, wouldn't it be a much better world if we could discuss these things like adults like this in real life??? For one, we'd see the hilariousness in our crazy human behavior a lot faster and there would be a lot fewer stigmas and shame around things .... and a LOT more shared experience and understanding that we are not alone in our crazy humanity

I think it was Kahlil Gibran who said " if we all sat in a circle and confessed our sins to each other, we would all laugh at each others lack of originality"

• 3 months later...