• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Pain during sex??

Hi everyone. I was diagnosed with hsv2 about five or six weeks ago. I had a pretty mild initial outbreak followed by two more very mild outbreaks. Because they were in such quick succession my doctor recommended suppressive therapy. That started two weeks ago and although I haven't had any sores I've has some of the other pain, tingling, and itching.

Tonight my partner and I had sex. We've had sex two other times with no issues. But this was very uncomfortable and afterward I was burning and tender. We used plenty of lube. But I have had a lot of discharge. I know I am coming up on my period. Could it be related to that? Is pain and burning during sex a common occurrence? I plan on abstaining until I feel better. I just want to make sure all is well.

Another question - I have an IUD. From all I can find this shouldn't be an issue like it is with other STIs. Do others have experiences with this. Thanks so much for your feedback!!

@chikitta13

Hello and Welcome!

First - no problems with the IUD ... ;)

You are still very early on and your body is working with getting it under control so sex may be an issue for a little while ... and having your period won't be helping. Periods often cause OB's especially early on too....

For now, perhaps use H to help you to find other ways to be intimate ... it's a great excuse to get creative both inside and outside the bedroom ;)

http://herpeslife.com/keeping-your-partner-herpes-free-can-be-super-sexy/

(((HUGS)))