• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Is Eczema Herpeticum herpes or eczema or both?

I am looking at lots of sites and I am tired so thought I would post.....

I have eczema, may have eczema herpeticum (positive hsv1 blood test)...I dunno...just wondered is eczema herpeticum contagious that is, I know it is aggrevated by hsv1 but are they then contagious hsv1 breakouts?

Thanks!

All that it is (as far as I understand it) is that the eczema creates a compromised area of skin where there are often cracks or thinner skin under the plaques that makes it easier for H to get in ...

Herpes is contagious wherever it is ... most EH is in other areas of the body and as long as it's not flaring up it's very unlikely to be shedding very much ... but in the genital area I would guess/assume it's just as contagious as "regular" Genital HSV1 in that area.