• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

HSV 1 AND 2 CROSS CONTAGIOUS?

Just wondering.....

I have oral and genital hsv1.....

1) If I have a partner negative to hsv1, he can get either oral or genital hsv1 as well

2) if I have a partner who has oral hsv1, really really unlikely he will get genital hsv1 but theoretically possible.

3) If I have a partner that has hsv2 genitally, then he can get oral hsv1 or genital hsv1 and I can get oral hsv2 and genital hsv2?

Just want to know my risks to my partner(s)...no where near ready to act on anything yet.

1) yes

2) Yes... though I would say that it's "less" likely he will get it ... we DO have people on here with HSV1 in both places.

3) Unlikely you will get oral HSV2 - remember only 1% of all oral H is HSV2. IF you really are HSV2+, with the antibodies then you are even less likely to get it. Genital HSV1 is still possible IF you are truly H2+.

My advise to you: GET THE HELL OFF GOOGLE FRIEND! I know it's frustrating waiting to see the Dr and get a diagnosis. I hope he will do the Western Blot for you to get a definitive diagnosis for you regarding Herpes ..... if they won't do it in Canada maybe you can cross the border and get it done in the USA. We should have got you to get it done while you were here last month!