• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

New and in Denial

I found out about 3 months ago that I had hsv2. I still haven't had a breakout and in so many ways I still want to believe that the test was wrong. I'm not on any medications and I am lucky enough to have a partner that is ok with it but I just can't accept it. I hold on to the false positive idea and I talk about going and getting retested all the time. Is this normal or am I really just being stupid?

Its completely normal! Denial is all part of the process, and as you go through the different stages (basically the stages of grieving) you will find yourself coming back to denial. It would be just so so easy if it was wrong. (And you know sometimes it is wrong). I'm pretty positive I have H and I still find myself wanting to be in denial. If its a constant nagging thing in your head I'd just go get retested again, maybe a different kind of test? Just for peace of mind - but only if it would actually give you more peace.

And hey, if you do really have it and haven't had an outbreak then count your blessings(: It means your healthy and your body is in control of it!

I had a blood test they say that's a really low chance of a false positive, but my partner and I have never used protection and doesn't have it and that's why I keep holding on to the denial. I know it's not a bad thing I have read and looked into it but I still am freaking out

How were u tested?

A swab test is usually the most accurate,

And as for blood tests, there is a chance it could have been a false positive.

Denial is completely normal, just as @Jennie said, its part of the process. I was in complete denial for months beccause my only sympton was a tiny little sore smaller than a freckle!

My first test was a swab in jan, possitive for hsv2. 2nd test was april, blood, negative. 3rd test was june, blood, possitive.

You can always go back and get retested. Get a second opinion. If it is possitive, we will all be here for you to answer any questions u might have!!

@longred34

Hello and Welcome!

Denial is normal.... but if in doubt, re-test.

Remember that 80% of people with Herpes have no idea that they have it because may carry it asymptomatically ;)

What were your test results? "Positive" is considered any number above 1.1 ... but in truth anything between 1.1 and 3.5 *can* be a false positive..... if your numbers are in that range I'd suggest you get the Western Blot test ::

You can become a phone patient of Dr. Lisa Taulbee at the Westover Heights Clinic,http://westoverheights.com/ (503) 226-6678 ... she can order the test for you through Quest Labs. It costs $5/minute for a consult … cheap IMO for clarity and/or peace of mind.

Here are some stats and facts to help you understand HSV:

(((HUGS)))

Handouts + disclosure e-book:

http://eepurl.com/b4IPP

Herpes facts video