• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

2 years in and still not feeling positive vibes

Hi friends,

I have had h now for about 2 years. When I first found out I was devastated and eventually learned to accept the fact I had it. I knew it wasn't a misdiagnosis. Currently I am on a ob now and am waiting for it to heal and this brings me to what is going on. Honestly I always feel gross and diseased which leaves me feeling crappy about myself. It's like I feel the presence of h always. I tried doing things like exercising lots (went down 2 sizes so far) and am dressing nicer and wearing make-up. Am I just putting a band-aid over a broken bone? For those who share my experience, do you still feel that way? Did you overcome that? If so, then how?

Hello @sweetfemme,

I'm 27 years in and I remember being where your at. Biggest thing that ever helped me was going to support group meetings. Actually meeting others showed me how normal people with herpes are. There is nothing dirty or scummy about us, even if thats how you feel. You'll get past that feeling in time. Took me almost 10 years, but that was pre internet. Its amazing how connected the world is these days. So, if their is a support group near you I encourage you to check it out.

On a side note...After 27 years I finally had blood drawn for an IGG test today. By this time next week I finally should know my type. And if it comes back negative I will be the most shocked guy on Earth.