• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes and the flu shot???

Hey everyone! I'm still new into my H diagnosis (aug 2014) and like so many of you, I have spent countless hours researching about the virus. Obviously we all know that a healthy immune system is needed to fight this thing. So my question is, how many of you get a flu shot?? I have never gotten one and to my knowledge, I've never had the flu. Thankfully (knock on wood) I'm typically pretty healthy and rarely get sick.. However, going into this cold season with my new diagnosis, I can't decide if I should get one or not to protect myself. I'm also nervous that the flu shot itself will send my body into wack and cause an OB if I decide to get one.. What have your experiences been? Do you recommend a flu shot? Thank you!!! :-)

Yea I've never had one, and wasn't planning on getting one.. I've always had a pretty good immune system and rarely get sick.. But now that my immune system is busy fighting this thing, I was unsure if id be more susceptible to colds and/or the flu.. I'll just hold off and see how I do this flu season. I just started taking the airborne immune booster + multi vitamin, so hopefully that will help too!! :-) thanks @inka for your input!!!

I know you've already made your decision just thought I'd chime in too.

I've never trusted flu shots and don't want to cause panic but know of people who have passed away from flu shots because they were the slightest bit unwell when they got them - yes not overly common but can happen.