• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes (2) Almost Never Crosses My Mind Anymore

Hi all,

Today I realized that I almost never think about my HSV2 anymore. It could be that since being diagnosed through a random blood test over a year ago -I still haven't had an actual outbreak (that I know of) Or it could be because my boyfriend is incredibly in love with me and has no concerns about it anymore. We stopped using condoms last month because we want to have a baby. I'm super excited and not worried at all. I feel happy & healthy and my boyfriend is so happy. I think that over time you think less & less about having this virus. I also think that once you accept it and move on with your life in a healthier way, your body relaxes & you don't stress out about it much.

Anyway, I just wanted everyone to know that the mental anguish we all go through comes to an end and your new beautiful life begins.

Maaan....i can't wait to get to this point......i think about it all the time....everyday....my BF wants to stop using condoms and I'm terrified. Everytime a few hours pass and I don't hear from him I think the next phone call will be...baby I have it....and it scares the hell out of me. ...it may sound incredibly personal to ask but has your boyfriend gotten the virus now that you aren't using condoms....i have been having more outbreaks than ever probably because I stress about having outbreaks....idk this is hard....but I'm glad there is hope. Thank you.

Hi @babysteps -I know it's hard but you have to learn and teach yourself how to not stress out too much. It will only cause more outbreaks. Obviously your boyfriend knows the risks since he wants to stop using condoms. Has he been tested for everything? just make sure you do that first. It took me a few months to agree to stop using condoms because I was afraid but then I realized how much he loves me and how much I love him. In the end for me, it's worth it. I want a family with him and this is the only way to do it. My boyfriend has not contracted the virus so far and I hope he never does. I just pray for our health and stop thinking about it. I hope you can come to terms with this! Feel free to ask anything you want to know :) we are here to help one another!

That was incredibly kind @yadira....thank you so much for answering my questions. I know my problem is that I bae not fully accepted this. And I'm working on it...it's hard but with people like you....dancer and daisies.....i know I'll be able to make it through....thank you...