• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Doc said I don't have any signs, but I still feel the tingly/itchy sensation.

TL;DR

Had sex with a girl (who has genital herpes) almost every Friday since late April (2-3 times a night). Last Friday, condom broke (I was wearing boxers, which were wet from her clear fluids) and I felt itchiness and a tingly sensation around my scrotum, anus region, butt, inner thighs, and sometimes on my penis, and occasionally, just itchiness, on calves, knees, back, feet, near armpits and the next morning

I now know that it can only be transmitted from skin to skin contact. My doctor told me there were no signs of STD's. Believe me, there was nothing else I wanted to hear more. I told him about the tingly sensation, but he can't explain why that is. I also know that it takes at at least 24 hours before symptoms appear. I saw some new..I think sores on my inner thighs. Am I allowed to post pictures of it on here to get your guys opinion? Maybe I went in for the checkup too early

We really do not encourage the posting of that kind of photo here. for one we are not doctors and if we allow that through others may post photos that are not suitable.

All you can do is wait at this point ... if the sore comes up then go get it swabbed within 48 hrs before it starts to dry and heal. And get retested in 3-4 months.

All the itching you are talking about in the calves, knees, back, feet, near armpits ... thats not Herpes ... so I think you very likely are getting what I call the "tick reaction". As a kid, whenever my dog had a tick on her, I'd pull it off then feel like I had ticks on me for the rest of the day. So there's a good chance this is what you are experiencing. But to make sure, just get retested in a few months.

BTW, you DO know the condom won't protect you from anything if her OB's are on the inside of her thighs or anywhere the condom doesn't cover, right? And the boxers will help but next time just have a clean, dry pair and rinse off as well ... you can't get H from the fluids themselves but if she had an ACTIVE OB the fluids *might* carry the virus. Its not likely to be a threat when she doesn't have an OB ... but this is a simple thing you can do to help to keep your mind from getting freaked out in the future. ;)

• 6 months later...
TL;DR

Had sex with a girl (who has genital herpes) almost every Friday since late April (2-3 times a night). Last Friday, condom broke (I was wearing boxers, which were wet from her clear fluids) and I felt itchiness and a tingly sensation around my scrotum, anus region, butt, inner thighs, and sometimes on my penis, and occasionally, just itchiness, on calves, knees, back, feet, near armpits and the next morning

I now know that it can only be transmitted from skin to skin contact. My doctor told me there were no signs of STD's. Believe me, there was nothing else I wanted to hear more. I told him about the tingly sensation, but he can't explain why that is. I also know that it takes at at least 24 hours before symptoms appear. I saw some new..I think sores on my inner thighs. Am I allowed to post pictures of it on here to get your guys opinion? Maybe I went in for the checkup too early

Did you find out what it was?

Long story short, I don't have any STD's. The sensation lasted for 4 months, and then it went away. The doctor said that the scrotum is a sensitive area and also that I get dry skin. Being paranoid also didn't help. I'm still unclear as to why it last for so long, but no point in worrying about that now.