• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Understanding the progression of the herpes outbreak and when am I contagious.

I'm new to this forum but had my first OB 25 years ago. It was an extremely painful experience. I didn't have any more OB until this past year when I had extreme stress from a divorce. Now I'm dating again and in a position of needing to disclose. I have had a number of OB and am still learning my prodrome symptoms. When am I contagious?

@Cynthia

Hello and Welcome.

First, good for you for getting back out there... I got divorced 10 yrs ago after 20 years and it certainly is a new world out here!

Generally if you are having *any* prodromes I would be very cautious around sex... and if you have an OB, I'd wait 5-10 days after it clears (depending on just how severe it was) before having sex. However, that is a great time to learn other fun ways to be intimate :)

Check out the Handouts, ebook, and the video below. And they will be useful to pass on to your guy when the time comes, so print them out and give him the link to the video... make sure that he knows to not go wild on Google where there is a lot of bad info/sites and worst-case-scenario photos to scare the crap out of him.... ok?

(((HUGS)))

Handouts + disclosure e-book:

http://eepurl.com/b4IPP

Herpes facts video