• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes agony

I'm sorry you're hurting, Kaykay. What is it like to be you right now? What is feeling very very sorry for yourself like? Is there shame in that? Sadness? Self-support and self-love?

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Nope, stop the presses. Only skin to skin contact. ;)

http://herpeslife.com/how-can-you-get-herpes/

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Hi,well there are studys which say that you can get contracted with herpes or HPV if there is enough heat or wetnees around ,like in the sauna /bathroom etc....if you go for sauna its possible that you can get it( is the word sauna exsist in english ?sorry not my native language?...well you know what i mean..... the hot places around 90 degrees).well but i dont think you can contract it from towel to towel. or on toilette...but seriously i always try to go the save way, if i have a guest in my house i put my towel always seperatly....only to make sure that nothing happen. i worked in a laboratorio before so i know that bacterias and virus love the heat and weat.....well so i think they like the bathroom too....so better you take care at least in places which are very hot or wet.but sure nobody know if this is really true, they dont know much about this virus if they would, they would have a cure :):):)so dont true to think to much about

Hey friends,

I have read a lot about transmission of HSV-2 in particular. Adrial is correct. There is absolutely zero evidence that HSV-2 can be transmitted by towels, toilet seats, saunas, hot tubs, etc. HSV-2 needs heat and friction to be transmitted, hence the term, sexually transmitted disease. You can search WebMD, the CDC and other places to confirm this finding.

HSV-1 is a little different. It lives a little bit longer away from the carrier, that is why oral herpes is so common. Kissing is one way you can contract oral herpes. (Again, heat and friction) As well as oral to genital contact...

The herpes virus simply doesn't survive away from the carrier.

It's really important for us to be educated about transmission. I don't mean to sound harsh, and please know I am saying this with lots of love, but I am passionate about this issue because misinformation hurts you and me and everyone in this community in the long run. It makes disclosure more difficult. It makes herpes scarier than it needs to be. There is so much misinformation about herpes out there. Those of us who carry the virus have a responsibility to ourselves and to one another to become educated so we are able to educate others and put herpes in its proper place...with other non-scary skin conditions.

Here is a good link to read on Web MD

http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/herpes_prevention_tips.htm#herpes_facts

And this is a great booklet with facts about transmission of both types of herpes:

http://bit.ly/YnHwLN

Much love,

Kristin

aka breatheandletgo

Thanks for the info... Even if it can't be contracted through towels ect I still wouldn't allow my children to use a towel or flannel which I have used... So during an outbreak I tend to wash towels underwear pajamas etc a lot more!!! I just prefer to be extra vigilant during an outbreak... I feel a little better today the pain isn't so intense!! :-)

Hi,

not sure but HSV 1 is diffrently, if i use a lipstick which i used before an outbreak and i use it couple of weeks later ( have genital too ) i get a outbreak again.so i think hsv 1 and 2 react diffrently......i ah y experience with lipstick, teethbrush etc...it still infective even after a while...but not sure about version 2

Judith, there's no way that using the lipstick can cause another outbreak if you're assuming the virus is still sitting on the lipstick weeks later. It's a coincidence. The virus dies immediately once it is no longer on your skin.

Helpful resources:

You'll get through it!

I use a new razor every time, since being positive for hsv2.

As with towels, I use the towel 2 times and put a new one in the bathroom.

I wouldn't let my niece use my towel even though I know she can't get it that way. I just feel safe that way. :)

Even though we know that it can't be transferred that way I understand your peace of mind in not letting others use you towel; in some ways it's no different than using someone else towel and thinking about the first thing you dry with it and the last thing they probably dried with it. Eeeewwwwww LOL! Relax and love life!