• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

what about when im old!?!?

Just outa curiosity..

What happens when we get old?

Like in our 80s and 90s?

Cuz there may not be a vaccine or a cure by then...

i couldnt imagine being like.. 85 and going thru an o.b.! My good ness gracious that would suck!

Any thoufhts? Opinions? Stories?

Yeah currently there is a thought process that there is an Alzheimer/HSV correlation ... BUT .. they used to believe that women with HSV had a 4x greater risk of cervical cancer... which we now know is related to HPV ... so I'll take all that with a pinch of salt :p

Once you have had H for that long, odds are your body will mostly fight it well. Like @inka and @F&P, I'm more worried about all the other things that come with old age :(

@WCSDancer2010 doesn't HSV belong to the HPV family, so still applies?

I've been wondering the same thing about old age and compounding health issues. I know it's best not to think about it, but is there anything I can take comfort from? I stupidly read that Alzheimer's risk is doubled.. But 90% have some form of HS - are genital cases supposed to be more accountable?

@ inka, depends on the type of old you are. im in Gods wating room so I see lots of old folks. some are cool as hell and still get after it. some probably get more booty than you do ( I know they do me, sadface but im not a PYT)

H will just be another thing to make me crochety. "get off my lawn you bastards!!"

@wcsdancer2010 thanks dancer - to be honest that's all I needed to hear, rather not worry myself by reading about every condition under the sun. It's been stressing me out to a point where the doctor says I'm imagining (or my mind is causing) symptoms! Thanks