• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Are Women more accepting than men with a disclosure?

I don't have much experience with the disclosure piece as I've only been diagnosed in the last couple of weeks But, just an observation of the sexes, my general conclusion is that guys seem to shut down and push away whenever dealing with something big. That could just be my observation though :-)

Well most of the people on here are women , and far more of their Disclosure conversations with their BF's/potential BF's are successful ... I believe that this is because when you have H you are a LOT more careful to vet a person to gauge how empathetic and compassionate they are before you disclose ....

I would "guess" it's about even .... I believe there is a disclosure study out there but I can't find the link and I have to get to bed early ... flying early tomorrow AM (ugh.. I hate early flights) but I hope someone will have it here.

((HUGS))

I think it all depends on the individual. I've only disclosed to one guy, my now boyfriend, and he was extremely understanding and it hasn't been an issue at all for him. I have told a couple of my female friends, and although they have been incredibly supportive, I think for some of them finding out that their partner was H+ could be a deal breaker.