• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Recently contracted herpes, I really need some hope

I'm having an OB on my face and I still want to go to my local employment office and look for a job. Is it still possible?

Yes - 80% of the population has oral HSV1. I've been getting cold sores since I was 4. I used to use Ammonium Alum for them but I recently discovered Oragel single dose which is outrageously expensive .... (up to $18 for 2 single does vials) but I just found out that Bactine has the exact same ingredients and it's a LOT less expensive so you may want to get that, along with a qtip and dab it on the sores. ... if it works like the Oragel it should dry up the sores in days. I'm going to post something about this in a couple minutes with a few more details... but it can't hurt to try it. I'm also wondering if it would work on the HSV2 genitally. I don't see why not :/

As for the genital HSV1 ... well, in the immediate future you may want to go slow but at the same time, there's an 80% chance she will at least already have it orally which means she will have at least some resistance to getting it genitally (as she will have the antibodies) and HSV1 genital doesn't shed much once your body gets it under control. So don't despair, your dating life is FAR from over ;)