• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I can't disclose... i simply can't.

I'm so ashamed and embarrassed about having herpes.

I contracted it from who knows... I have a few ideas who it may have been, but no one ever told me they had it.

I'm not really mad... because I can relate. It seems there is no way for me to muster up the strength to disclose.

Now I've found myself in a predicament. What i thought was a one-night stand has turned into a real life romance, ongoing for about 4-5 months now. I haven't had an OB, and we aren't monogamous, so I guess I just never felt like this was going anywhere serious enough to disclose. The guy is kind of a gossip... and the last thing I would want is for him to be telling everyone that I have it. Which he does about other people that have it.

But now we seem to have fallen in love. and things are getting serious. And I just got my first outbreak since I contracted this stupid taboo virus.

I don't know what to do. I feel guilty and terrible for not saying anything... but there is such shame and taboo around this virus, that I just can't be faced with knowing people know I have it.

I'm pretty sure I've contracted something from him in the meantime, possibly hpv, and i think with the amount of unprotected sex, plus the fact that we had sex the day before my recent OB, that I have probably passed it onto him.

I know there is something seriously wrong with me that I couldn't have just faced this head on. But I feel like i've gone too deep with him now to tell him that I held this from him. I don't think he would ever forgive me for this. I feel like I need to play dumb, go get checked, and tell him i'm positive. I know telling him that I knew all along would ruin not only our relationship as lovers, but as friends, as colleagues, and it would ruin my reputation with many other people and the scene I am in. I live under a limelight, and this would greatly fuck things up for me. I guess I should have thought about that before I let myself fall for someone.

I hate this. I seriously fucking hate this. This is what makes me want to never open my life up to someone else again. I want to shut down and be a celibate, cold-hearted, single woman for the rest of my life.

:(