• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How to know when a herpes outbreak is over?

I'm a dude and can't really relate to the nature of your question but the first few months of you contracting the virus, your body is fighting to handle it and during this period, you are more likely to be contagious. It just takes time to have your body get ahold of it and mostly subdue it.

While I can't find any info on this topic specifically, I am a biologist (Wildlife though - not human). I would think that if your medication or immune system has fought off all lesions on your labia/bum/wherever, it is very likely it has fought off and healed any lesions on your cervix. There is no biological reason that a lesion on your cervix would heal slower that on your labia.

That being said, I personally plan on waiting 5-10 days after having NO symptoms of an OB to get busy. I think Dancer does that as well - check to make sure all visual symptoms are gone, then give yourself a window for peace of mind more than anything.

Ohhh I have no plans to get busy. Kinda am repulsed by the thought at the moment, My immune system had been awesome. It usually takes something massive to put it down.. Like the swine flu. Must be why, except for painful pee experiences for 2 days, I've felt like my usual self. Gives me hope that I won't have a lot of future outbreaks or that if I do, they're minor again. Gotta keep some hope, right?

I was just unsure how long the first is... So many conflicting ideas on it. So I guess I just didn't wanna give myself hope that this first OB was done in 5 days and then see that I was wrong when another pops up before the rest are completely gone...

But really the only sign I need to look for is no more lesions?