• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

HSV2 and Sex Life

I am new to this website but I really like it! I was diagnosed with HSV2 about a year ago and since then had 3 outbreaks. I take Valcolovoir 500mg once daily for surpessive therapy. My last outbreak happened about 10 days ago and since the prodromal symptoms I have not had sex with my significant other. I do not have any sores or lesions, but a pink part where the scab used to be. I was wondering as well as my girlfriend, when is it ok to have sex again. Any information or advice will be greatly appreciated, thank you!

@CJ2121

Hello and welcome!

The general thought around this is to wait 10 days after the symptoms subside... but also once you have had this awhile (I'm at the 35 yr mark ;) ) you may be able to cut that down as your body gains control over the virus faster. Part of the reason to waiting is to let the skin heal, as well as to be cautious for your partner.

In the meantime, there are TONS of other ways to be intimate .. Herpes gives us a great excuse to discover other ways to pleasure our partners .... so use this time to explore other ways to play!

(((HUGS)))